Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feedback on quality issues - Photo

New Here ,
Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

My first submission and first rejection based on quality issues of my photo. 

I'd love some constructive feedback to help me improve.

Thanks in advance,

Marlon - a very much Amateur Photographer 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2024 Jun 30, 2024

It's cropped too tight - you've actually cut off part of the hooves, and there's no breathing space around the rest of the image. It also appears to be a black and white conversion, which is not accepted by Adobe stock. The animals are blended with the dark background - their edges are almost impossible to discern.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Black and white pictures are rarely accepted, as the buyer can easily convert to black and white, if needed, but they can't revert the colours, once they are gone. You need to consider stock images as the base for what the buyer would like to create. So it is best to develop in a very neutral, but correct way.

I would also have lowered the ISO and the f value, to get less noise. The compression is too high, when exporting you should really keep a good quality. You see the compression artefacts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Marlon-R,

The file is in black and white and has no defined margin in some places such as this

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1719792430340.png

Avoid submitting black and white file to Adobe

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's cropped too tight - you've actually cut off part of the hooves, and there's no breathing space around the rest of the image. It also appears to be a black and white conversion, which is not accepted by Adobe stock. The animals are blended with the dark background - their edges are almost impossible to discern.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @Jill_C for the feedback, I didn't know black-and-white conversion was not allowed. I'll also pay attention to my subject's edging and definition. 
Used a tight crop as the rest of the frame was a bit rubbish and didn't have much of a story 😄 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read the Adobe Stock Learn & Support pages? There's a wealth of information there which will improve your chances of becoming a successful contributor. 

As to the background being unattractive, you could either just remove the subjects from the background and offer it as a transparent PNG file, or use Photoshop to drop them into a better background.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Black and white pictures are rarely accepted, as the buyer can easily convert to black and white, if needed, but they can't revert the colours, once they are gone. You need to consider stock images as the base for what the buyer would like to create. So it is best to develop in a very neutral, but correct way.

I would also have lowered the ISO and the f value, to get less noise. The compression is too high, when exporting you should really keep a good quality. You see the compression artefacts in the dark areas. A buyer has absolutely no leverage to change your asset, as the compression blocks immediately shine through.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Marlon-R,

The file is in black and white and has no defined margin in some places such as this

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1719792430340.png

Avoid submitting black and white file to Adobe

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines