• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

File names exceeding 30 characters limit

Explorer ,
Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just starting out as an Adobe Stock contributor, learning as fast as I can.

After completing my first batch of submissions I've decided to start keeping a CSV file to make uploading file information and keywords more efficient.

However, upon reading Adobe's instructions for the CSV file, I find file names should not exceed 30 characters. The files I already uploaded, including those that have been approved so far, have  names that exceed the 30 character allowance. Should I keep those names in my CSV file and generate shorter names for new files in the future? Or should I fix this for the files already uploaded and approved? How?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 27, 2018 Nov 27, 2018

Hi Ivan

My experience uploading is, the uploader makes certain preliminary checks and provide warnings that you can see and make adjustments before tagging. I would want to believe length of file name would be one of those checks the uploader would make. So I would say leave the approved ones as is, but just to make sure, try to stay within the limits for future uploads.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ivan

My experience uploading is, the uploader makes certain preliminary checks and provide warnings that you can see and make adjustments before tagging. I would want to believe length of file name would be one of those checks the uploader would make. So I would say leave the approved ones as is, but just to make sure, try to stay within the limits for future uploads.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JG,

Thank you, sounds like reasonable advice, I will follow it.  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reuploading approved pictures is not always free of risk. A different moderator may reject the picture for a currently unknown reason.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2018 Nov 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Abambo, I'll keep that in mind!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines