• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to appeal IP photo rejection

New Here ,
Aug 10, 2018 Aug 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting my images rejected due to intellectual property violations, however I can't seem to find a reason for the rejection. I can not figure out what the issue is, such as the one below. There are other images of airplanes on here, and I even have one approved of the same model of aircraft, just different colors.

Is there any way to appeal the rejection? Or a way to contact someone to get an explanation about why the image was rejected?

Thanks for the help.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello  kylew,

The words "intellectual property violation" can only mean a few things, either Adobe wants a release to be submitted with this photo or some little legal thing is missing. To help you understand - here is a quote from the guidelines for Adobe Stock Contributors. Become familiar with all of the basic submission guidelines offered by Adobe Stock. And don't forget to start with the best photo you can take before you send it for review. Best regards, JH

"Legal basics

Ask yourself if the person in the image would recognize themselves or if the property owner would recognize their property. If the answer is “Yes,” you need a model or property release. In the case of an identifiable property, investigate whether the item is protected by privacy, trademark, or copyright law, because a property release may be required. Some buildings and places of interest cannot be used for commercial photography. Refer to Known image restrictions.

Files that contain logos, trademarks, company names, or brand names (examples: Apple, Nike, Gucci, and BMW) can’t be accepted. In certain cases, you may be able to submit work where logos, trademarks, company names, and brand names are digitally removed. Partial removal of a trademark or logo is not an acceptable substitute for the full removal of trademarks or logos from the content you submit. Files that contain images of copyrighted material, such as some artwork, sculptures, or architecture, cannot be accepted unless you include property releases from the creator and/or copyright owners. See, Legal guidelines."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kylew

In some cases colored shapes are actually trademarks. That might be the case with this one. It would be good if you could have the owner of the airplane sign a property release and resubmit along with the signed release. Additionally with the aid of an editing software try to remove the blue streak at the side, the triangular/arrow shape at the tail, and the touch of blue near to the wing and resubmit. Your editing must be inconspicuous. Without the property release the removal of the blue marking might be sufficient for acceptance. Also follow the guidelines as per links referred to by Joan.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines