• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to organize the layers of vector files

New Here ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, I hope you are doing well. I have a question about the requirements of Vector files if anyone can answer my question correctly then I will be glad.

So I mostly work with vector files and checked the "Vector Requirements" on Adobe Stock Contributor. So in the requirement under the "Organizing your layer" section, they mentioned, "Don't include all assets on one layer or in one group". I attached the Screenshot. So I want to know are they talking about Layers or Sub-Layers?

I attached a screenshot of two examples. In "Single Layer Screenshot" I placed the heart elements and the black background in a single layer (obviously with a separate group if needed).

In the "Double Layer Screenshot" I placed the heart elements and black background in separate layers.

So can anyone please guide me on which one is correct? I always add a background in my design so it's important to create a separate layer for just the background or I can add the background in a single layer with groups?

Kind Regards.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For such requests, best is to use inline graphics here in the fora. That allows people to see immediately what you want to do, without the need to click around. 😉

Abambo_0-1713624040532.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I mostly work with vector files and checked the "Vector Requirements" on Adobe Stock Contributor. So in the requirement under the "Organizing your layer" section, they mentioned, "Don't include all assets on one layer or in one group". I attached the Screenshot. So I want to know are they talking about Layers or Sub-Layers?

By @RichGraphix

They are talking about organizing your assets in such a way that someone licensing your asset has the least problems opening it and working with it. So they are talking about both!

This is an example of a bad layer organization:

Abambo_0-1713624342554.png

This is better:

Abambo_2-1713625144857.png

(You should preferably not include a background, if you want to give the buyer the additional choice of PNG files)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In all cases, I label document & layers with a brief & understandable name.

• I stack layers in a logical sequence top down, i.e. left-handlebar, right-handlebar, hand-grips, headlight, seat, front-fender, rear-fender, front-wheel, rear-wheel, left-peddle, right-peddle, etc... 
  • I put related layers into groups and label the group, i.e. "ALL-handlebars, ALL-peddles, ALL-wheels..."

I think you get the idea.

This is as much to keep me organized when I'm working with 10 or more layers as it is for Stock customers who eventually buy it. 

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines