• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a question about the new clarification on generative AI submission rules.

Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question about the new clarification on generative AI submission rules.

Actually, my sound question is related to the 2 items below.
-Cannot contain personal names.
-It cannot be implied that it is a depiction of an actual event that is newsworthy.

My 1st Question: For example, I am someone who loves ancient history and mythology, and my general portfolio is predominant in this direction. This is my style and niche.
"Are mythological characters and people rejected because of their names?"

My 2nd Question: I generally deal with historical events from 300 years ago. Plots dating back 300 years to ancient times. For example, like the prophet Moses splitting the red sea in two... " - It cannot be implied that it is a depiction of a real event that has news value. " Does this situation fall under this article? In fact, according to science, these events may not have happened, or according to skeptics, for some, they are real and for others, they are not. Are Thor, Odin or Moses considered real or imaginary? I have serious confusion in this situation.

In addition

I think more than 170 of my 300 photos were rejected in the last upload. This situation is really sad for me. It's a shame that the result of all that time, effort and ideas was disappointment... There are many accounts that I check regularly. I see even louder, anatomically imperfect images being accepted, but my images are stuck with that. There are dozens of accounts that have grown from 20 pages to 99 pages in the last 4 months. This is extremely sad. Of course, I don't want to upload the photos here and discuss the photos. I have been dealing with photography and graphic design for 19 years, since my childhood. There is no certainty on this matter. With Hasselblad, it is possible to find errors even in photographs taken by the most expert photographers and processed by the best eyes. Frankly, there is no point in uploading it here and saying there is an error here and there for me. For me, there is no point in looking for faults in other accounts that are uploaded and approved... What one cannot see, the other sees. This is a normal thing, some may define it as a mistake, some may define it as a mistake... However, it is really painful and sad that so much effort and energy turns into dust... After all, we are no different from other people... The first exaggeration is the 600 files I uploaded in bulk last year. After all the photos were rejected at once, I think the friends who approved the photos take this as a reference and easily reject the photos... It is truly a sad and reactionary situation. This situation kills my enthusiasm for art. A little. I don't have a question in this last paragraph, I just wanted to reproach you. If you have an answer to my first and second questions, it will be enough to answer. Thank you in advance for your answers.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 6 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Names from mythology are not forbidden; if you search the Buyer's portal for "Moses Red Sea"  and click on the Generative AI filter you'll get >2,000 matches.

Regarding the high proportion of rejections you're experiencing, it would seem that you have not yet been able to detect whether your assets have an acceptable quality level. This community forum has been helpful to many new contributors in helping them understand what constitutes an acceptable quality level. If you upload a few of your

Votes

Translate

Translate

1. No problem using the name Ben Hur but, think twice about using Charlton Heston.

2. I believe that recent and current events are implied. There should be no artifical images that might be interpreted as factual images being posted. Obviously an image of Moses cannot be mistaken.

Regarding your last paragraph. Who knows. We have no insight what the moderators use to make their decisions. We can however, judge your images with some degree of competence. But, then you need to post one or two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

I doubt that mythological characters or historical events that happened 300 years ago would be rejected. 

As for your second question, you might find this story to be of interest: https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/disney-loki-redbubble-trademark/2021/07/02/d59908ec-d9c0-11eb-8fb8-aea56b785b00_story.html#

Of course, if the image contained in the artwork contained a human figure, you would need a property release if it was your original art work; if the work in question was AI and contai

Votes

Translate

Translate

Real people & events are not OK to submit. Taylor Swift and The Paris Olympics will be rejected.

Fictional characters that are not protected by copyright are allowed, providing they meet all other submission standards.

For example:

• "Alice in Wonderland" isn't protected. She is OK to submit. 
  • "Superman" is protected property owned by DC Comics.  Off limits.
  • Budha & Jesus are OK to submit.
  • "Donald Duck" & modern "Mickey Mouse" are protected property owned by Disney.  Off limits. 

Hope tha

Votes

Translate

Translate

AI is not a replacement for human talent and editing skills. AI is imperfect.  It will never replace real artists.

Pay attention to details: count fingers, carefully examine eyes, ears, nose, mouth, apparel.  Do the details make sense visually & technically?  Is the work consistent for commercial-use?  If not, don't submit it.

Reasons for rejection are described in your Stock Contributor User Guide.  Read it carefully. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

As for your first part: You can't pretent that it is the real part, but I suppose that you can use an artistic rendering of an historic event. As long as you do not claim it to be the real event. The rule has been instaured, because people were doing renderings of the different wars that are currently happening. But I suppose, it applies also to past events. 

As for your second part: I don't care if you have bad assets in your portfolio, but if I licence one of your bad assets, as a customer,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Names from mythology are not forbidden; if you search the Buyer's portal for "Moses Red Sea"  and click on the Generative AI filter you'll get >2,000 matches.

Regarding the high proportion of rejections you're experiencing, it would seem that you have not yet been able to detect whether your assets have an acceptable quality level. This community forum has been helpful to many new contributors in helping them understand what constitutes an acceptable quality level. If you upload a few of your rejected images, you'll receive useful feedback here.  

Finally, you can always find assets in Adobe stock that include flaws, but that's no reason for Adobe to continue to accept such assets. In fact, poor quality assets are routinely reported back to Adobe by Buyers, and can initiate a review of the account, possibly leading to suspension of the account.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer. Yes, actually I can say that I started the mythology business with ai in St. 🙂 There were no thor, odin, musa etc. in the searches. There were 5-6 very rare images. I almost became a pioneer. However, after the last update, I wanted to ask to avoid making mistakes. My main income comes from such visuals. However, when I realized that diversity was important, I had to take my hands off it. Actually, my only wish was to proceed through mythology. 🙂 Yes, I think so too, of course it could be better. But it was only saddening to see worse things. I will change a few methods and try for another 1-2 months. If I have problems again, I will write. Thank you sincerely for your support. Look, I didn't know that. Therefore, being examined and rejected actually protects the content creators. That's a nice thing, then. I really appreciate the information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to be of assistance. Good luck in your Adobe Stock journey.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No problem using the name Ben Hur but, think twice about using Charlton Heston.

2. I believe that recent and current events are implied. There should be no artifical images that might be interpreted as factual images being posted. Obviously an image of Moses cannot be mistaken.

Regarding your last paragraph. Who knows. We have no insight what the moderators use to make their decisions. We can however, judge your images with some degree of competence. But, then you need to post one or two. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your valuable comment. Okay, the update is the same as before, only 2 items confused me a little, I wasn't sure. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, you are right... I will continue for a while and try and observe for a few more months. If I cannot solve my problem, I will write again... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that mythological characters or historical events that happened 300 years ago would be rejected. 

As for your second question, you might find this story to be of interest: https://www.washingtonpost.com/religion/disney-loki-redbubble-trademark/2021/07/02/d59908ec-d9c0-11e...

Of course, if the image contained in the artwork contained a human figure, you would need a property release if it was your original art work; if the work in question was AI and contain a human figure, you would need only check the appropriate boxes.

As for your last statement, I have nothing to go from without seeing any of your actual work, so any opinion I could come up with would be moot. I'm also a little confused: you appear to be saying that you're having a degree of good luck submitting your work elsewhere, but not on Adobe Stock. If that's the case, then I would suggest you continue to submit else and not waste your time submitting to Adobe. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your valuable comment. Ok, the update is the same as before, only 2 items confused me a bit. So I remained in limbo for a while. I think I got a little emotional in the last paragraph... I'm actually talking about Ai. You're right, it would actually make more sense if I uploaded a few pictures and got ideas. But this month I want to try my luck. If I cannot solve my problem, I will write again. Sorry, my English is a little bad. I'm very sorry if I didn't express myself clearly. =)) Actually, I only work for artificial intelligence visual sales here. I will make videos and upload them soon. Actually, I regret dealing with other agencies for years. I don't want to waste time on other sites. I will focus entirely on this by closing the others. It's always good to focus on one point. Thank you again for your effort and kindness.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real people & events are not OK to submit. Taylor Swift and The Paris Olympics will be rejected.

Fictional characters that are not protected by copyright are allowed, providing they meet all other submission standards.

For example:

• "Alice in Wonderland" isn't protected. She is OK to submit. 
  • "Superman" is protected property owned by DC Comics.  Off limits.
  • Budha & Jesus are OK to submit.
  • "Donald Duck" & modern "Mickey Mouse" are protected property owned by Disney.  Off limits. 

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your examples are great. 🙂 Thank you again. I got Buddha and Jesus. 🙂 I continue on my way...  I actually pay careful attention to these. I stay away from copyright and everyone and everywhere, living or recent. 🙂 Just ancient history.  Thank you again for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI is not a replacement for human talent and editing skills. AI is imperfect.  It will never replace real artists.

Pay attention to details: count fingers, carefully examine eyes, ears, nose, mouth, apparel.  Do the details make sense visually & technically?  Is the work consistent for commercial-use?  If not, don't submit it.

Reasons for rejection are described in your Stock Contributor User Guide.  Read it carefully. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your support. Actually, I follow these links regularly. However, I think sometimes something may escape my eyes. 🙂 I guess I'm getting old.  Yes, sometimes sweet tools that simplify our work... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As for your first part: You can't pretent that it is the real part, but I suppose that you can use an artistic rendering of an historic event. As long as you do not claim it to be the real event. The rule has been instaured, because people were doing renderings of the different wars that are currently happening. But I suppose, it applies also to past events. 

As for your second part: I don't care if you have bad assets in your portfolio, but if I licence one of your bad assets, as a customer, I will make sure that your bad assets all get deleted. As a general view: I find it very dishonest, when people expect to make money from bad assets. I do not submit erronous assets (on purpose), I expect others to do the same. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Abambo, you are amazing as always. This is actually a good perspective. For example, let's say we are doing a study on the Hundred Years' War. A short clear open-ended title such as the Hundred Years' War would be more acceptable. On the other hand, I think details such as the Hundred Years' War, x person, y person, can be perceived as a real depiction. It is necessary to escape from this. I've always run away. 🙂 Yes, that was my main idea. After all, there is little information about the periods, there are not even photographs or imaginary drawings. 😃

By the way, it was a good topic. It was a nice and instructive title for those who are curious and stuck on these topics.

You are absolutely right. We don't want anyone to not receive the reward of their labor. My priority has always been quality. It is better to delete work that you do not like than to highlight it. Make a new one... Actually, this is my lifestyle. After all, quality is not a coincidence. We have to not lower our brand values and seek perfection. I love your constructive comments and vision, thank you my friend.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines