• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I would like to know your thinking.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear, I have already been denied another such illustration. Drawn in Photoshop, vectorized with Vextractor, inserted into Iustator, saved as an AI file (compatible with Ilustrator 10), and saved JPEG as for web.maximum quality.
The format is 3535px x 5000px. Both images (Illustrator AI (no raster images inside at all), and JPGEG) are inserted into the Zip file. However, it was rejected (NON-COMPONENT VECTOR). It seems that I will not be able to place my drawings on Adobe Stock, and I have no choice but to thank you and unsubscribe. I beg for your thinking. Thank you. Robert from Croatia.Gungirl.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

Correct. When the signature was on the submitted asset, then that was the principal rejection reason and OP should resubmit without!

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Aug 06, 2021 Aug 06, 2021

To share an AI file you would need to put it somewhere and share a link. However, in this case we know a signature is guaranteed rejection. I do like your art, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Non-COMPLIANT vector? Please share the AI file you submitted. We cannot see from the JPEG why the vector is non-compliant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A dangerous lady … nice drawing.

There may be many potential problems for non-compliant vector files, especially when they got vectorized from a pixel image. Pulled out of my sleeve, however, I can think of two causes:
First — the signature.
Second — A model release was asked for, which was not submitted. Even if the lady has been drawn without a living model, you may be asked to submit a model release. In that case, I probably would submit a property release stating that you are the creator of the lady. If you have a living model after which the lady is created, you should submit a model release.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, I never even noticed the signature. A signature is clearly forbidden and listed among the reasons for a "technical fault".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. When the signature was on the submitted asset, then that was the principal rejection reason and OP should resubmit without!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, I will try without a signature. Unfortunately, I don't know how to share an AI file. The post does not accept this file type.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To share an AI file you would need to put it somewhere and share a link. However, in this case we know a signature is guaranteed rejection. I do like your art, by the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resubmit first without signature. If it gets accepted, all is OK. If not, update the thread. You can attach Illustrator files here. You can't, however, embed them like your JPEG.

Abambo_0-1628283284423.png

[Edit] I needed to rename it as PDF as the system did not accept my .ai because “the type did not match the content”. I know that I have more than once here opened .ai files. Maybe it's because of the embedded PDF…

Abambo_0-1628283856955.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the right tool for the job. 

• Use Illustrator to create vector illustrations (AI, EPS or SVG). 
  • Use Photoshop for raster images (JPG) only.

Read these links that pertain specifically to vector art & property release:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Better to re-hand draw in a vector program. If you use the automatic retrace feature in your program, you usually get many small pieces, objects and stray points. Stock sites don't usually like that. Also just make sure you don't use any fancy special effects and gradients since those don't play nicely (bad program translation) in Illustrator programs. 

I agree very nice illustration!🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all! I will try as you say. It must be a good procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2021 Aug 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear, your answers are mostly correct. I did the following: created a document in Illustrator, imported the image, but, only in black / white, did the image trace, and painted with Blob Brush.First I saved it as JPEG, then as AI, compatible with Illustrator 10. Together I sent it in a Zip file. And it is now accepted.
Thanks everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines