• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Icons Rejected for Intellectual Property Refusal

Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a vector icon set that's been rejected twice for "Intellectual Property Refusal". At first, I thought the circles on the credit card icon might look a little too much like the Mastercard logo. I edited them, but the file was rejected again at the end of last month.

This is made more frustrating since Adobe has been taking considerably longer to review submissions. So, before I edit that icon a third time, I want to make sure I'm not missing something. Is it another icon that's the issue, like the QR code? I can also list most of the keywords I've been using, too, although I don't know why that would be the problem.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

I can't see an obvious IP refusal. So it's probably worth telling us both the subject and keywords in case there is accidental IP in there.  Not IP, but I am dubious of the QR code. I can't scan it with my phone, and that might annoy people. But if it were a random code, that might be worse and it might link to a business site - a disaster if someone dropped it on their own business site or posters. So I don't know how you made it, but it should generate it yourself and have a carefully chosen t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't see an obvious IP refusal. So it's probably worth telling us both the subject and keywords in case there is accidental IP in there.  Not IP, but I am dubious of the QR code. I can't scan it with my phone, and that might annoy people. But if it were a random code, that might be worse and it might link to a business site - a disaster if someone dropped it on their own business site or posters. So I don't know how you made it, but it should generate it yourself and have a carefully chosen text, probably not a link. Maybe the word HELLO or something.

Wait! I have it. Your credit card has the mastercard logo. Definite IP. Mastercard’s new logo suggests a future where payment is digital - Vox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up on the QR code. I tested the link several times as I was putting the set together. It shouldn't link to anything. I'll try again without the circles on the credit card icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your QR code shouldn't simply work! The QR code is, however, not IP related, except if it would point to a real site.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who knows really. It might be the double circles in the credit card. It does resemble MC. Why not just put something fake there instead? Two letter 'C's? Maybe back to back? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Master Card credit cards are not allowed… and fall clearly under the IP regulations:

Abambo_0-1688668749580.png

Delete the two circles. Put nothing in place.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be on the safe side, I would remove barcode and QR code icons. 

There might be security concerns with those motifs.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines