• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Image not accepted and I don't know why

Participant ,
May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, This image is 3840 x 2160, but I uploaded here smaller version. The big version as well is absolutely sharp, so that cannot be the reason.
I uploaded a series of similar images which got rejected and I am trying to figure out what I need to do better to make it work. Thank you! 🙂

The message I got:
"Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, during our review we found that it contains one or more technical issues, so we can't accept it into our collection." preview.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Are these 3D renders, art, or photography?

If they are renders/art, does the image description clearly say so (customers do not like to be surprised!)

For accurate comments you MUST upload at original resolution, as many faults are only visible at the full definition.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 24, 2021 May 24, 2021

Hi @aartturi ,

This is too blurred. It also comes across as a combination of vector art and cropped photo. If this is the case, it is not allowed. It must either be all photo, or all vector. Add no special effect to your photos, or make any change to its background. Just make corrections and upload as is.

The windmill has a white balance issue. It has a blue cast.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1621875236596.png

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Blury images don't sell. 

Vector art really should be submitted as AI, EPS or SVG.  Personally, I won't buy illustrations as pixel-based JPGs because they're resolution dependant.  Whereas vector graphics are math-based and remain perfectly crisp and clear at any scale.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.ug.html

Also Adobe Stock doesn't like it when you submit the same subject over and over as that's viewed as spamming.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

@aartturi wrote:

Should I use neutral light instead?

Probably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

banding is a good hint to look into. I found also this:

E1445149-B90E-4F38-AFBA-E15512E09F68.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to clarify my origial message:
-  The big version was uploaded to stock, so the image size is no problem.
- The series of images I uploaded to stock contains similar "misty" images and then some colored ones as well.

Here is an example of one of the colored images. For me it's little bit easier to understand if this colored one was rejected. For example if they don't like the colors for some reason or the dof? Even when the wings are very bright, the image is not over exposured, so that either cannot (maybe) be the reason. So the reason for all of these images being rejected still stays little foggy to me.preview1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aartturi ,

This is too blurred. It also comes across as a combination of vector art and cropped photo. If this is the case, it is not allowed. It must either be all photo, or all vector. Add no special effect to your photos, or make any change to its background. Just make corrections and upload as is.

The windmill has a white balance issue. It has a blue cast.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1621875236596.png

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. This is actually a 3d-render and there is no way to do those without doing corrections.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now when I am thinking, the blue cast is coming from an area light that I used to open the shadows slightly. Should I use neutral light instead?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aartturi wrote:

Should I use neutral light instead?

Probably.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks everyone for helping me with this project. I am slightly losing interest to this image, so I think I will leave it for while and do something else instead. Maybe one day I will come back to this project again. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aartturi ,

This image is under exposed and either was done with a filter, or has a white balance issue. It is too blue.

The following links are guidelines that will help you get your images accepted.

Stock Contributor Learn & Support (adobe.com)

Tips for getting your stock photos accepted | Adobe Learn & Support tutorials

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelin...

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, thanks for the comment. 🙂 I was already reading those texts, but didn't find anything that I felt would clearly fit into my case. This project goes into "illustration" category, so it's not a photo amd not done with a filter.

I wanted to have a "misty feeling" in this, and adding too much contrast would in my opinion destroy the whole idea of that image. The blue tint also is because of that same reason.

It's the kind of image I myself often search when I need images that do not take too much attention for example from the article text.

I'm still trying to figure this out, but I think you might have given some ideas of what the person who reviewed these might have been thinking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @aartturi 

In any case too much details are left out of the blue image. Your images are easier accepted if they look as though they are in reality and you are looking at them. Your eyes would see the details. Also bear in mind that you images will also be used in printing. details are required for printing, or you get black, blue or what ever color you use blob.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now when I am watching the blue image in full resolution (link in the other comment), I can see some banding artifacts in one of the blue areas. I think it's in all of those blue ones. Could that be the ultimate reason for rejection?

This seem to be becoming a big guess work. So, is it against the rules to fix images one plausible problem at time? For example if I think that the banding was the reason why it was rejected, I will fix it and upload again. If they reject it again, I try my luck by adding more contrast or exposure and then move on to for example adding some generic textures to the big blue areas if it really seems to be the logically next biggest "problem" in the image etc?

I see very often very simplistic vector art images being used for printing. This is not a vector art, but the art style is really close. I think the end user would do some halftone filtering and cmyk conversion themselves etc if that's what they need from an image. So I cannot for real think it to be a real problem, but it's good that you mentioned it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

banding is a good hint to look into. I found also this:

E1445149-B90E-4F38-AFBA-E15512E09F68.jpeg

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these 3D renders, art, or photography?

If they are renders/art, does the image description clearly say so (customers do not like to be surprised!)

For accurate comments you MUST upload at original resolution, as many faults are only visible at the full definition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are 3d-renders. It's possible that I might have done some mistake with something when uploading, but I cannot anymore check the original titles. Typically in my titles I mention "3d-render of ....".Here is the original resolution of that image:

maisema3_sharp_mist.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However, I find it very unlikely that I would have done that same mistake in all of those images. There was also one image from series that was accepted: https://stock.adobe.com/fi/stock-photo/id/435098762

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blury images don't sell. 

Vector art really should be submitted as AI, EPS or SVG.  Personally, I won't buy illustrations as pixel-based JPGs because they're resolution dependant.  Whereas vector graphics are math-based and remain perfectly crisp and clear at any scale.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements...

Also Adobe Stock doesn't like it when you submit the same subject over and over as that's viewed as spamming.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Sadly I cannot provide vector based image of this, because it is not a vector image, but 3d-render.

I don't know any better way to figure out what's wrong with the image than uploading it again with changes I belueve would be the reason of rejection. Because they didn't provide better explanation, I have no idea what else should I be doing in this kind of case? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines