• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

inappropriate use of images

Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear All, I am an Adobe Stock contributor and as far as I know my images are under a standard license . I recently found out two images of mine being sold as paintings and as other different objects outside of Adobe Stock website. Does anyone have been in. this situation before? Does anyone know how to proceed to report it to Adobe?
In addition, another image has been used in advertising.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

These are most likely not inappropriate uses of your images. Adobe has partnerships with various external sites that allow them to access the Adobe Stock library of images. You are paid the license fee by Adobe if and when that site uses your image. Your images are not just under a Standard License. The fee you receive depends on the usage of the image and, the Buyer's subscription plan, and the amount of views that it is expected to generate which determine whether a Standard License, Enhanced

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 08, 2022 Nov 08, 2022

I looked at the anaconda image that you posted and copied the image number (202917583) into the Adobe Stock page. Adobe Stock has a different image for that number. Then I searched the myloview.com site for that same image number, and it returned the image that has #202917583 on the Adobe Stock site. This leads me to believe that they DO have a link to the Adobe site. I found quite a few other images that are also on Adobe Stock. I don't know how they would "steal" high res images from Adobe Sto

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022
I was certainly wrong in my claim, I did not want to accept your guidance and clearly agree with the Adobe department (copy email received today below).
My apologies for not being a good listener, thank you very much.

Dear César,

Thank you for your email 

We can confirm those are our partner API sites in which they can access our database and sell a license to their customers. 
The transaction is processed directly through your Adobe Stock account, and commissions are paid into your account imme

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are most likely not inappropriate uses of your images. Adobe has partnerships with various external sites that allow them to access the Adobe Stock library of images. You are paid the license fee by Adobe if and when that site uses your image. Your images are not just under a Standard License. The fee you receive depends on the usage of the image and, the Buyer's subscription plan, and the amount of views that it is expected to generate which determine whether a Standard License, Enhanced License or Extended License is required.

Review the Adobe Stock License page here, which clearly states that images can be used in advertising campaigns:

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

Here's an example of one of my images offered on a partner site:

https://drukujtapety.pl/naklejka-0-wyniki-wyszukiwania-292778531-driftwood-on-the-beach-of-the-sea-o...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a link in reference to Asset use.  I believe the answer is that you'd need to contact Adobe Stock Contributor Support for an asset used outside the terms of the license. Content Usage 

But I'm not so sure your assets are being misused.  They are certainly allowed to be used in advertising, although the particular use could theoretically need an enhanced or extended license.  Read more about licensing terms here Adobe Stock Licensing Guidelines 

I also wonder what you mean by a photo being sold as a painting?  Many websites display Adobe Stock assets for sale as prints and on products as a partner site, and license the photo only when it is sold.  I wonder if this is what's happened.

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In relation to the use of advertising, I ask why even reading the terms of the licenses is something complex to understand and I don't know where the limit of use is.

Regarding which photos are sold as paintings, I wanted to say that enlargements of two of my images are being sold to make framed photo and other items. 
How do I know if this site is a partner site ?

Here's an example of one of my images offered :

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the chart at Adobe Stock Licensing Terms very easy to read and understand in regards to how photos are used.  I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.  The terms are in line with other stock companies that I've used as well.

That is a great question about having a way to tell.  It is displayed clearly on the link that @Jill_C posted, but I'm not sure if it's required to say Adobe Stock or not.

On the page that you linked to, the site gives you credit and lists a photo number that I'm willing to bet matches the asset number on Adobe Stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear friend, I appreciate your interest and help. 

Maybe it is clear for some people the terms of use of license, it is clear that after reading them I do not have it so clear, that's why I ask, because I ignore. 

I appreciate any help and clarification, I have found a page selling my photos and I don't know if they are being sold illegally, that's why I ask.

I don't know what I would be willing to bet, but I think I would lose it, the numbers don't match.

Here are the links to the images in Adobe Stock and the page that sells my images.

https://redro.pl/naklejka-close-up-of-an-anaconda-snake,202917583
https://myloview.fr/sticker-close-up-of-an-anaconda-snake-no-C1846CF
https://stock.adobe.com/es/stock-photo/id/344129191

There is something going on that I don't understand and that I don't think is correct.

I accept any help to clarify it.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think as you were writing this message that @Jill_C posted another follow up post that should have cleared this up.  Feel free to let us know if you still have questions. 

But really @Jill_C's great detective work explains everything well.  I feel confident that both of your links provided are partner sites.  As a fellow stock contributor I wish it was clearly stated, but the reality is that very few companies list their vendors so I'm not surprised after thinking about it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you're not convinced by the evidence we have provided, you should contact Adobe directly using the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of your Dashboard page.

This topic has been discussed from time to time here in the forum, and it has repeatedly been confirmed that other companies have a valid API connection to Adobe Stock to promote our images. This is a good thing as it improves the chances of our images being discovered and sold.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Discrepo de las evidencias mostradas, de hecho me generan mas dudas. Los numero no coinciden y aun así debo considerar que esta todo correcto? Entiendo que esto es un foro de debate y acepto cualquier argumento, pero desde luego las pruevas presentadas para mi no son concluyentes ni esclarecedoras. Si las imagenes estan siendo robadas exigo una explicacion a Adobe y si me las han robado a mi, en cualquier momento puede pasar a otros. A mi me incomoda que alguien se lucre de mi trabajo a mis espaldas y por eso exijo una aclaracion y, si esta todo correcto para Adobe, pues algo habre aprendido esta semana que no sabia.

Muchas gracias a todos por el esfuerzo, la atencion y la ayuda prestada.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, it's your right to "demand clarification", but you won't get it here in this forum, which is populated by other Adobe Stock Contributors. If you do get a response from Adobe, please come back here and update us. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was certainly wrong in my claim, I did not want to accept your guidance and clearly agree with the Adobe department (copy email received today below).
My apologies for not being a good listener, thank you very much.

Dear César,

Thank you for your email 

We can confirm those are our partner API sites in which they can access our database and sell a license to their customers. 
The transaction is processed directly through your Adobe Stock account, and commissions are paid into your account immediately.  It’s a great way to increase the visibility and sales from your portfolio.  Learn more about the use of your images here https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/content-usage.html.  You can find also find information about the API program here: https://developer.adobe.com/stock/

If you have any questions, or to update your case, simply respond to this email.

Kind Regards,

Adobe Artist Relations

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's good to have a direct quote from Adobe so that we can refer to it in the future when other Adobe Stock Contributors question why their images are appearing on other sites. 

It is also a compliment to you and your images that other sites have chosen to feature your work and give it broader distribution.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the anaconda image that you posted and copied the image number (202917583) into the Adobe Stock page. Adobe Stock has a different image for that number. Then I searched the myloview.com site for that same image number, and it returned the image that has #202917583 on the Adobe Stock site. This leads me to believe that they DO have a link to the Adobe site. I found quite a few other images that are also on Adobe Stock. I don't know how they would "steal" high res images from Adobe Stock without the Adobe Stock watermark on them. The small thumbnail that you see on Adobe Stock when you are searching for images has a watermark and is not full res.

This Community Post also discussed the API interface with myloview.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/bildverkaufsagentur-myloview-arbeitet-...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines