• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Non-compliance vector

Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I tried uploadiong the following vector illustration to Adobe Stock, but received a notice saying it had not been accepted due to it being a "non-compliance vector". 

1980s Front Asian Sedan 1.png

Can someone please tell me the possible reason(s) why?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SergioVO ,

Nice art work. You need to remove the trademark or get a property release from Toyota. As a matter of fact I don't know if the car itself would be accepted without a property release. I could recognize it as an older Toyota model even though I am not a wiz at car models.

Regards

Jacquelin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacquelin,

Thanks for the compliment, I have made literally hundreds more like it, I just need to slowly go over them to make sure they are in compliance and prepare the .ai files to be fresh for any potential customers. 

As for the trademark, it may look like a Toyota, but the text clearly doesn't say Toyota. 

I mean, just because a car's brand can be recognizable, it does has not disqualified other stock images at Adobe Stock to be placed for sale, they've just digitally erased the emblems (in the case of photographs):
AdobeStock_68155121_Preview.jpegAdobeStock_58157210_Preview.jpegAdobeStock_263743194_Preview.jpeg

I mean, what if I replaced the words and submitted this:

1980s Front Asian Sedan potato.png

Do you think it would still not meet the Adobe Stock submission guidelines? 

Respectfully,

Sergio.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @SergioVO ,

There are some models that are accepted some that are not. Models that are recognizable are not accepted for commercial stock. I believe the first car on the left in the lineup is a BMW. If I recognize the car the owner will. Owner here is not the buyer, 

I'm not sure of the advantage of the texts. I might be wrong, but I'd rather removing texts. When it comes to the design vehicle, if I believe it's not unique to the brand I'll upload and allow the moderators to decide.

If you haven't done so I suggest you revise the property release information and other legal requirements.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@SergioVO,

A non-compliant vector means you didn't follow the submission guidelines for .ai, .eps or .svg file types.  Refer to your Stock Contributor User Guide regarding vector requirements.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/vector-requirements.html

Image components 

Do: Avoid text unless it’s a necessary part of your composition, because buyers may need to select a substitute font. 

Do: Keep your use of auto-trace to a minimum.

Don’t: Add raster images (JPEGs) to your vector files or rasterize any elements. 

Don’t: Incorporate your signature or name into the artwork.

Paths 

Do: Use the right number of anchor points — not so many that a shape gets jagged and not so few that the curves look unnatural or flat. 

Do: Close paths on all filled shapes.

Do: Consider using a variety of stroke weights in your image. 

Do: Check out Illustrator Learn & Support for tutorials on topics ranging from making images with shapes to using dynamic symbols.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmm, let's see: 

I did not avoid text, as I felt that my illustration of the front of an automobile needed it, cars typically have emblems or brands in the middle of the grille (any car, stock image or in real life can look incomplete without any sort of emblem or text). But in this case, the text is not descriptive of any brand of automobile, so I doubt that it could have been the issue.

I did not add any kind of raster images nor were any of the elements rasterized.

I did not use auto-trace at all, I created this illustration from scratch. 

I did use the right number of anchor points needed for my illustration to look realistic.

I did close all paths on all filled shapes which constitute my illustration.

I did use a variety of stroke weights in my illustration, as much as were necessary for it to look realistic.

I did however add my "signature" on the frame, I've previously purchased vector art that has had the artist's signature or brand in the past, and therefore wasn't aware that this wasn't allowed. Which is probably the reason why my vector illustration was not accepted. I'll go ahead and remove that and hopefully then it will get approved. 

Thanks for your help Nancy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frame (non functional) may be a problem, including the text. 

But in this case, the text is not descriptive of any brand of automobile, so I doubt that it could have been the issue.

By @SergioVO

I agree with @jacquelingphoto2017 : the twisted TOYOTA needs to go. It's quite obvious and TOYOTA could get you out of business.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting. how about using a different word entirely?

1980s Front Asian Sedan potato noframe.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does this improve the image? 

Does having a word on the grill increase or decrease asset's sales potential?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely think it does!  🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that even using an anagram of the brand could cause intelectual property problems, but also feel that leaving that area blank makes it look incomplete.  

1980s Front Asian Sedan blank.png

And I am curious because I have more automobile illustrations that I would like to upload and woujld like to get more insight instead of just being told "it needs to go" , so that I can make the proper modifications to them.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compare your work with current Stock inventory. 

Adobe Stock Royalty Free Cars - Vectors

Q: How many cars have words on the front grill?

A: None.

Connect the dots & draw your own conclusions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some have circles or in this case, an oval 🙂

SergioVO_0-1677719927278.jpeg

But I get your point and I do appreciate your feedback.  I've resubmitted the file without any kind of text or geometric shape in the center of the grill. 

Sergio

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to beat a dead horse, but there are many vectors of automobiles on Adobe Stock that make some kind of allusion to having an emblem representative of its brand. Because of the nature in the design of automobiles, the absence of an emblem can make the car look incomplete, like it is missing a part. 

I wonder where the line is drawn, thinking about my version where I wrote "POTATO" in a different font instead of the Toyota anagram.  Would that be considered intelectual property infringement? 

SergioVO_1-1677720276867.jpeg

SergioVO_3-1677720312930.jpeg

SergioVO_2-1677720293549.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Think about what your customer wants.

I add my own embelishments to Stock images.  When images already have them, that's more work for me.  Below a tongue-in-cheek example.

Photoshop SFTW ChallengePhotoshop SFTW Challenge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not avoid text... the text is not descriptive of any brand of automobile, so I doubt that it could have been the issue.

I did however add my "signature" on the frame.

Thanks for your help Nancy!

By @SergioVO

============

I disagree. Scrambled TOYOTA letters could be an IP problem.  If customers want to add their own text, they can.  I would ditch the letters.

Signature is a disqualifier for sure.

Glad to be of help.  Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines