• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NON-COMPLIANT IMAGE???

Explorer ,
Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a recent image that was at first placed into the reminder area for Title, keyword or category issues.  The rejection doesn't state the actual issue and is rather vague. So I made adjustments to both title, keywords and category, then re-submitted the image.  Now it's been rejected for being a non-compliant image.  What's the non-compliance?  In reviewing the recommended stock contributor help page, it to is rather vague and doesn't clarify what the non-compliance is here.  I've reviewed many of the still-life images on the site and am at a loss as to why this image doesn't comply. At this point the only thing I can see that maybe wrong with the data I input is the use of the "&" symbol in the images title "Sunflowers & Baskets".  Can someone at Adobe tell me if that is the actual issue here?  Comments and critiques of the image welcome.

PS-POST_DSC-2067-3.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Dec 16, 2016 Dec 16, 2016

If an image is improperly indexed it is initially put in "remind to complete" mode so the contributor can make the necessary changes. If the same image is resubmitted and the problem remains the file is then rejected with the reason non-compliant.

I was able to locate this file and found you used the word "flowers" in 3 of your 5 listed keywords. I would advise you to use more than the minimum keywords though if you are not able to do so or choose not to, you must diversify them.

You listed "sunf

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

I have the luxury of time when it comes to formulating a response to this type of question. The moderation team is dealing with a very high volume of content and is under pressure to ensure reviews are done in a timely manner. They simply don't have the time to type out detailed notes on individual rejections. If they did that, the review times would be unbearably slow.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If an image is improperly indexed it is initially put in "remind to complete" mode so the contributor can make the necessary changes. If the same image is resubmitted and the problem remains the file is then rejected with the reason non-compliant.

I was able to locate this file and found you used the word "flowers" in 3 of your 5 listed keywords. I would advise you to use more than the minimum keywords though if you are not able to do so or choose not to, you must diversify them.

You listed "sunflowers, silk flowers and flowers" as 3 different keywords. The other two keywords are "baskets" and "still life"

Instead try..

sunflower

flower

silk

arrangement

basket

setting

decoration

florist

Fall

Autumn

floral

pretty

interior

design

You can find some helpful information about keywording in this blog post: Stock Keywording Tips | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

As a courtesy I have put the image back into "remind to complete" mode so you can update your keywords and resubmit.

Good luck!

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Mat for the rapid response and your advise.  I will make the required changes as you suggested and will re-submit.  Thanks again...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 06, 2018 Feb 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It stands to reason that if an image is rejected for some known non-compliant issue, the most beneficial thing for both parties would be for Adobe to just spell out the specific reasons like you just did in your reply to this artist.

I find the rejection emails that are marked with the dreaded and vague "Non-Compliant" tremendously frustrating and unproductive to deal with as a submitting artist. We don't read minds. If you are not specific in these rejection emails, then it's just a guessing game. What total nonsense and waste of artistic effort and time.

All though I am a big fan of Adobe, I am not impressed with the submission and rejection process within Adobe Stock. It is dreadfully lacking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the luxury of time when it comes to formulating a response to this type of question. The moderation team is dealing with a very high volume of content and is under pressure to ensure reviews are done in a timely manner. They simply don't have the time to type out detailed notes on individual rejections. If they did that, the review times would be unbearably slow.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get it. I can only imagine how challenging it must be for your team to keep such a daunting mission running smoothly and in a timely manner.

First let me say that it is very generous of Adobe to allow artist such as myself to enter the stock image arena without requiring a portfolio review or proven track record in the industry. I am grateful for the opportunity.

I do however, believe there is a practical solution here that would improve the process in a sustainable way that would ensure contributors receive meaningful feedback on rejected submissions that improve the quality of future submissions by the artist and limit future rejections for those artists.

A simple form checklist containing the majority of likely issues that result in a rejection would be of  tremendous benefit to contributors and likely cut down on images likely to be rejected from ever being contributed in the first place.

Right now feedback is so limited that it leaves many artist confused on how to proceed. I think we can do better together. That's all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to chip in here.

As a contributor, it is up to us to fulfil the requirements. The moderation team can't spoon feed us writing in detail why an image is rejected. Their focus I guess is to moderate. So, while I agree it is frustrating for us, it is up to us to do the work!

As far as a check list - well there already is in their rejection reasons - sort of. Again, it is up to us to determine which of the categories/reasons it could be.

Perhaps, in the information page outlining rejection reasons, it could be more informative and comprehensive and give further examples rather than just a brief outline - presently, it is just a bit vague. So, maybe someone could update that and then contributors would have a better guideline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They can have a thousand reasons for rejections posted everywhere, but it's still just a futile exercise in mind reading at this point if no one can specifically point to the reasons which apply to a specific image.

When someone tells me they don't have time ... well ... let me say ... I'm unimpressed with such an answer. It certainly offers up no solution for improvement. That sentiment hardly sounds worthy of a great innovator like Adobe Systems.

This simply sounds like a problem division within Adobe Systems in need of new blood and ideas.

My guess is that the Stock Image division isn't producing the kinds of profits that make it a priority for finding ways to improve service.

All i know is that my complaint is hardly the exception. It seems to be a real problem with many other contributors also.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mat, When I answer on the forum, I reply with one or two reasons a contributors offering might have been rejected. Most of the questions I answer are fairly easy and can offer quick help to the contributor in a line or two about a specific guideline or error spot.

I have been working out how a second or additional rejection reason might be supplied by the reviewer the first round. The reviewer could select non-compliance and then check the specific thing or things that are not in compliance - If the list of possible problems is added following reviewer checklist. Something like this-

Non-compliant: (check one or more)

dpi file too large or small *

signature or watermark showing *  timestamp evident *

subject must have a model release* - property release*

Trademark visible *

unnecessary borders*

Excessive post-processing*

If this further information is given at the time of rejection a contributor would not be left to guesses or contacting the forum. Any savvy artist or photographer would examine their work to find the non-compliant area and know better how to fix it. Rejection is awkward enough without additional confusion.

I will see if I can find the actual reviewer checklist and work with it a bit. I have sent this idea on to Tricia some while ago and will contact her with a model soon. Looks as though rickey336 has the same idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2020 Jan 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi my pic rejacted 

NON-COMPLIANT IMAGE
File ID: 316981597

what this mins

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2020 Jan 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We can't see images that have been rejected. You need to post it here. Without seeing the image, I can only send you to the generic text for "non-compliant":

Non-compliant file

This reason means that your content doesn’t comply with our Contributor Agreement. Content may be non-compliant due to watermarks, inappropriate or irrelevant keywords or image titles, or questionable, or defamatory content. Your file is also rejected as non-compliant if you receive a reminder to submit a model or property release, or resolve a problem with a release, and you resubmit the file without addressing the issue.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines