• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Ordering Keywords after Upload

Community Beginner ,
Mar 28, 2018 Mar 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just finished ordering keywords by individual image file for a group of 28 images. The same keyword order could have been used for all the images but I cannot find a way to update the order globally. Why can't we address the keyword order for several images at one time instead of one at a time?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Hi,

if you want to avoid this problem, I advise you to tag your pictures in Adobe Bridge. Here the keywords are taken over in your defined order during the upload and you save yourself the additional work of the subsequent sorting of the keywords.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand you correctly, you want to add keywords for all the images at the same time?  On the upload page you can add the same keywords for all the images, by selecting them all - CMD or CTRL and just add your keywords accordingly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. The keywords are imported, in alphabetical order because that's how Lightroom orders them, with the images. The tedious part is changing the order so that the more important ones are on top. Adobe Stock wants them in order of importance - at least for the first few - and that has to be done on a single image at a time. If I only used Adobe Stock, I could put the keywords in after import, but other agencies have other requirements and keywords also help organize Lightroom so my images are imported with keywords that have to be re-ordered to fit Adobe Stock's requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

if you want to avoid this problem, I advise you to tag your pictures in Adobe Bridge. Here the keywords are taken over in your defined order during the upload and you save yourself the additional work of the subsequent sorting of the keywords.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My workflow is Lightroom with Photoshop as needed. And I use Lightroom to organize everything. I rarely use Bridge and, since I use Lightroom to keep track of image files, they will all eventually wind up in a Lightroom catalog where Lightroom will alphabetize the keywords. Seems to me the problem is with Adobe Stock. There should be some way to mass order keywords. I think Adobe Stock should work smoothly with Adobe software and this doesn't seem like it should be an insurmountable problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

what do you think you can use faster now to adjust your workflow or to hope for an update in Lightroom? The problem of alphabetical sorting of keywords in Lightroom has been known for years and has not yet been solved.

I think keywording in Adobe Bridge is the quicker and more effective solution. But it´s your choice what make sense for you.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your reply. I thought my response above may have seemed a bit curt which I did not intend. I appreciate your taking time to answer.

No matter where keywords are applied, once the image is in Lightroom, they will be alphabetized. So keywording in Bridge means not using Lightroom at all. I agree that waiting for a change in Lightroom may be futile. There are other Lightroom functions that also need attention that have never been addressed. But I'm not asking for a change in Lightroom, just a way to change the keyword order in Adobe Stock without having to do it one image at a time. I can live with Lightroom's quirks, but I would like to complete my Adobe Stock submission without repeating the exact same thing 28 times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines