• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photos Rejected because of Image Quality

Community Beginner ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day dear community, new user to AS.  Two of the images submitted were rejected because of quality.  I would greatly appreciate if you could help me identify the issues, so I can avoid them in the future.  Thanks a million in advance!!

IMGP5867.jpgIMGP2977.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good afternoon jinnahs60825538,

These two pictures you have posted are quite nice and I like them. I do see that the quality, look of the pictures could be improved a bit.  The trees might need to go through Camera Raw to see if exposure is as good as it could be. Reviewers want an unusual perfect photograph that stands out next to the thousands. I do like the delicate look of the photograph but clarity and brightness

could improve it. If it looks very much like the one you had accepted, it might have been too similar.

The water lily is also in need of a bit of shading, it is a little flat. Perhaps try using curves to bring out some interesting lighting.

I had something returned for quality issues and all I had to do was change the words in the title and take out a butterfly. It was accepted.

I am sure you will have a few more comments from another forum ACP. It helps to know what others think. I see things from an illustrators point of view. Photographers will add their words of wisdom here also. Best regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! You are so kind! I will see if I can make the necessary adjustments!

Warm regards!

Jinnah

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you give the actual rejection reason eg - artifacts, exposure, technical reason...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the quote posted by Adobe guidelines. JH

Quality Overview:

"In general, images and video should be in focus and well-lit with no signs of artifacts. Vectors should be organized and filled shape paths should be closed. Some content may look great in an art gallery but isn’t ideal for stock. Before you upload content, ask yourself how it can be used commercially. If you were a customer, would you buy the image? If the answer is yes, think about what you would use it for."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 04, 2019 Aug 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi joanh22203655

I hadn't noticed that Adobe changed the 'Technical Issues' to 'Image Quality' rejection reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, rIcky, I would not have known about it but I got this rejection "Image Quality" on two of my stock uploads and looked it up. I wonder - if the reviewers are going to introduce new rejection headings - why we are not sent notices since we have to translate the information to forum users. The things I changed to get my two projects accepted were minor fixes. Regards, JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first picture has some noise, could afford contrast and may be a little colour correction.

The second picture is more difficult to correct. There also you have noise in the darker areas and lens aberration in the counter light areas.

94DF2354-2FA4-44B4-8C4A-32CC9B1B9354.jpeg

I also have difficulties to see the focus point.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jinnah

Here some issues as I see it.

There is a white balance problem in the first image as well as some noise issues, so use the luminance slider to reduce the noise just a bit. And alter the colour balance like this: (I used the auto function and it worked pretty well for this shot.)

IMGP5867whitebalance.jpg

Second, basically, the same - white balance needs to be altered as well as Luminance noise:

IMGP2977whitebalance.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!! Will make the changes!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jinnah

I believe the line around the edges of the image was take in consideration for the "quality" rejection of the water lily. In the water it might come across as water flow, but notice it continues across a leaf, and could be viewed and fringing.

Abambo at post 5 has correctly described the other technical issue.

Also as pointed out there is the issue of grain/noise, which is separate from image quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh I see... thanks!

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines