Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality decrease after upload to Adobe Stock

Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

When I upload my high-qualited photos to Adobe Stock, their quality automatically decreased. What is the reason? I uploaded my photos both FTP and via Lightroom.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

They don't show the full resolution photos by design when you look at them in the Upload section.  That is intentional .  However, they do use the full resolution photo when they evaluate them for quality.  You can upload a sample of one of your rejected photos here if you'd like feedback on why it might have been rejected.  I've had multiple photos shot with my 42MP mirrorless Sony rig rejected.  That's a $4000 camera setup. They are picky.  Exposure, focus, white balance, etc. all need to be e

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How would you know this?  When I upload mine I'm not able to see the full resolution versions anymore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reason is that Adobe Stock is not accepting my photos because of "quality problems". But my all photos are 4032x3024 and taken my iPhone 11. When I open my photos on Mac, their quality are perfect. When I upload to Stock, it is getting like icon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't show the full resolution photos by design when you look at them in the Upload section.  That is intentional .  However, they do use the full resolution photo when they evaluate them for quality.  You can upload a sample of one of your rejected photos here if you'd like feedback on why it might have been rejected.  I've had multiple photos shot with my 42MP mirrorless Sony rig rejected.  That's a $4000 camera setup. They are picky.  Exposure, focus, white balance, etc. all need to be excellent.  Best regards, John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality is not decreased, but once you've uploaded to Adobe Stock you can only see a thumbnail version. If your images are getting rejected for quality issues, it's because the original image does not pass the quality checks by a Moderator. Upload a couple of rejected images here and the Community members will provide an opinion as to the issues they detect.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are some examples of my works:

EFFECTS(2).jpgF4FCAE93-3C98-446C-8AE4-7B5E8ED8F900.jpgIMG_1785-EFFECTS.jpgIMG_1954-EFFECTS.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, they just edited by Lightroom. I clicked "auto-correct" on Lightroom, and sent to here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Auto" button in the Tone section of Lightroom does an OK job in a lot of photos but I almost always fine tune the results.  For instance, in your last photo you could recover more detail in the dark area of the building by raising the Shadow level.

The Transform section in LRC has an Auto button that will help with the leaning verticals mentioned by Jill.  It may also require fine tuning.  Additionally, it crops the image so you may lose portions that are important to the photo.

With the sunset photos it will be nearly impossible to get something high quality enough for Stock without shooting on a tripod.  To get the correct exposure while shooting handheld your camera has to use a high ISO so that you can use a fast enough shutter speed to avoid blurring from camera shaking.  Anytime you use a high ISO you get noise in the photo.  Zoom in and you'll see pixelation from the noise.  On a tripod you can use a low ISO <400 with a longer shutter speed.  That way you'll get the exposure you want without needing to use a high ISO that produces noise.

Lastly, even if your photos met Adobe Stock standards some of them might have been rejected for Intelectual Property.  Historic buildings may require a property release so that you can use their images in commercial photography.  Best regards, John  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EmirhanKabakci wrote:

By the way, they just edited by Lightroom. I clicked "auto-correct" on Lightroom, and sent to here.

Did you look at them at 100% and 200% for artefacts, noise etc. That are quality issues. Phones very often eat up details on the picture and produce washed out colours. If you use the phone's portrait mode, the algorithm introduces errors. etc.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the technical issues I see:

1st image - white halos around the edges, usually an indication of over-sharpening. Distracting element in upper right corner.

2nd image - Artifacts throughout the image, leaning verticals, soft focus

3rd image - artifacts, particularly along the horizon, leaning horizon, perhaps oversaturated 
4th image - artifacts, particularly in the sky, underexposed shadows, white balance is too blue. Zoom in to the sky and you'll see those strange purple blotches.

What camera did you shoot with?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! I will check these. I shooted these photos with iPhone 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While it's not impossible to capture acceptable images with an iPhone, there are inherent limitations with the camera that reduce your chances of acceptance, including the small sensor, poor low light performance, lack of user controls over ISO, aperture and shutter speed and built-in image editing. Don't even bother with low light images, such as the sunset - the iPhone isn't up to the task. The other scenes where you had good light might have been successful if you had shot in RAW format, which defeats the camera's built in processing. You should be able to edit those RAW files in Lightroom for better results. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image #4.   Did you add a Fish Eye filter to your iPhone?  I ask because peripheral buildings are leaning oddly toward the frame's center.  IMO, it's not a good effect for Stock submissions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not a fisheye filter - but rather a wide angle lens that the iPhone has; it gives this effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

The quality of the iPhone is good - but more for general use - the everyday situation. I'm afraid that smartphone cameras in general don't quite make the mark for stock photos - unless you actually know how to use them for taking stock photos.

So, this is why you're getting quality rejections. Nothing to do with uploading them to Adobe.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

and this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines