• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please help me to understand what is wrong with these photos? Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

JPEG compression artifacts. The highlights are also a bit overexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Sandstone texture:

Exposure: blacks (left) are missing, also parts of the whites (right of the histogram). Normally, this should result in a picture with missing contrasts:

Abambo_0-1679319738692.png

You have the painterly look of an over processed, small sensor picture. There are no fine structures left. I suppose that even your whites are missing on the histogram, that the light part of the picture has been clipped (overexposed).

As for JPEG artefacts, to bring them out clearly, I've magnified the picture to 800%. Th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Good photography begins with proper lighting and equipment. 

While you can, under ideal conditions, get decent photos with smartphones, more often than not they are just snapshots.  That might be OK for posting on social media & email but that's not what Stock customers pay for.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Posters, billboard & TV ads, high quality printed merchandise...   see links below.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand, what do you mean? The question was in the quality issue forum. I searched for this forum a while. Where is it now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you posted in "using the community" which is a forum for questions on how to use these forums.  it's been moved to the "stock contributors" forum.

if that's not where you want it, where do you want it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one I posted in Community accidentally and the second I posted in discussion quality issue stock contributors. I have no idea why this post end up somewhere else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway thank you, I hope someone will reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your grass photo is pretty much out of focus. There is no clearly defined subject. Even the Venus flytraps are out of focus.

What is the main subject?  Regarding quality issues, I think the main reason here is focus!

For the sandstone photo - artifacts and exposure.

Sandstone textured background, English coast_joch-1artifacts.jpg

You can begin to see the image becomes pixelated when enlarged to 100% or more.

By the way, to ask for feedback, use this forum - Stock Contributors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What kind of artefacts because I played with exposure here and that was the best what I get, 

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 12.52.22.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JPEG compression artifacts. The highlights are also a bit overexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Jpg artefacts removing filters to remove these artefacts, where you can see them? Can you kindly point me out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used Jpg artefacts removing filters to remove these artefacts, where you can see them? Can you kindly point me out?
By joych@art

Those filters can't do miracles. When taking your pictures, set your camera in raw mode and develop the pictures manually. That gives you much more control on the parameters and your workflow will be JPEG free until the point that you will save the asset for submitting to stock. JPEG artefacts and compression errors tend to accumulate.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, this is useful:)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure you can use DNG on your smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this is out of focus?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not exactly, but still, even this cropped part of the flytrap is not sharp enough for stock purposes.

Did you use a smartphone camera?

This is your competition:

Venus Fly Trap Images – Browse 5,506 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video | Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is a smartphone. But screenshot is just screenshot, and it is always not sharp, I don't want boring photo. And this is not boring, it is an example that you can grow them in the garden. On my computer is pretty sharp. Is it something happening after I am saving them. I really don't know what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good photography begins with proper lighting and equipment. 

While you can, under ideal conditions, get decent photos with smartphones, more often than not they are just snapshots.  That might be OK for posting on social media & email but that's not what Stock customers pay for.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Posters, billboard & TV ads, high quality printed merchandise...   see links below.

If you plan to be a Stock photographer, start budgeting for an entry level DSLR camera (new or used) and some lenses, filters and tripod.

https://www.techradar.com/news/best-entry-level-dslr-camera

That won't make you an instant photographer but at least you'll be on a level playing field with your competition.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

With all respect, I am not a kid that is just starting, I did this post because Adobe customer service is not listening, I literally went through 4 guys to get their attention and that didn't work. He dropped the line after repairing two things. My start as a photographer was on Hasselblad and Pentacon in 90ts. I can see that you are feeling obligate to help, that is great really. About Adobe is taking iPhone or mobile photography, I think you don't realize what is going on. Adobe is providing videos how to work in the Lightroom with mobile photography and how to submit mobile photography, Shutterstock has a special app to do that. If you want help with something, look for AI aberration in their photos. At the moment is far from perfect. I am actually surprised that you don't know that.
https://www.thewaystowealth.com/make-money/get-paid-to-take-pictures/
Have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not a kid that is just starting...

I did this post because Adobe customer service is not listening.
By joych@art

=============

1) A 12-18 megapixel smartphone camera cannot compete with a 30-40 magapixel camera.  Numbers don't lie.   😉

2) Adobe Support handles software & subscription issues. Beyond that, they cannot help you.  Please read your Stock Contributor User Guide.

I hope you you find what you're looking for. 

Goodbye.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
With all respect, I am not a kid that is just starting, I did this post because Adobe customer service is not listening, I literally went through 4 guys to get their attention and that didn't work. He dropped the line after repairing two things. My start as a photographer was on Hasselblad and Pentacon in 90ts. I can see that you are feeling obligate to help, that is great really. About Adobe is taking iPhone or mobile photography, I think you don't realize what is going on. Adobe is providing videos how to work in the Lightroom with mobile photography and how to submit mobile photography, Shutterstock has a special app to do that. If you want help with something, look for AI aberration in their photos. At the moment is far from perfect. I am actually surprised that you don't know that.https://www.thewaystowealth.com/make-money/get-paid-to-take-pictures/Have a good day
By joych@art

Adobe customer service is not for suppliers. For contributors, there is Adobe contributor support. Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

Your pictures do not seem to be taken with a Hasselblad. (I know, it's a smartphone) I want to avoid offending anyone, but the small sensors on phones can't physically produce the same quality as a medium format camera. Even if Adobe says you can become a star photographer with smartphones and Lightroom, that's still not necessarily true for you. And you get rich primarily with a guidebook on how to get rich.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with smartphones is that the sensor size is small, so fine for smartphone screens and sharing on social media, but not very good when you want to view them on a large screen or printing them to a large size.

This is the problem that you are having here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't know if that is true, because now smartphone camera is excellent. This picture is also small size, I can try to play with exposure I am not trying to sell this photo as a big print poster. Anyway, thank you for the advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not trying to sell this photo as a big print poster. Anyway, thank you for the advice. 

By joych@art

The customer decides, why they licence the asset. There is no possibility to filter out any use.

joych@art wrote:

I really don't know if that is true, because now smartphone camera is excellent.

You can get excellent pictures with smartphone cameras, but still, there are physical limits to what you can achieve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines