• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Quality issue

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please help me to understand what is wrong with these photos? Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

JPEG compression artifacts. The highlights are also a bit overexposed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Sandstone texture:

Exposure: blacks (left) are missing, also parts of the whites (right of the histogram). Normally, this should result in a picture with missing contrasts:

Abambo_0-1679319738692.png

You have the painterly look of an over processed, small sensor picture. There are no fine structures left. I suppose that even your whites are missing on the histogram, that the light part of the picture has been clipped (overexposed).

As for JPEG artefacts, to bring them out clearly, I've magnified the picture to 800%. Th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Good photography begins with proper lighting and equipment. 

While you can, under ideal conditions, get decent photos with smartphones, more often than not they are just snapshots.  That might be OK for posting on social media & email but that's not what Stock customers pay for.

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Posters, billboard & TV ads, high quality printed merchandise...   see links below.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this is a smartphone. But screenshot is just screenshot, and it is always not sharp, I don't want boring photo. And this is not boring, it is an example that you can grow them in the garden. On my computer is pretty sharp. Is it something happening after I am saving them. I really don't know what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But screenshot is just screenshot, and it is always not sharp,

By joych@art

A screenshot is sharp, if the picture is sharp on the screen!

joych@art wrote:

Is it something happening after I am saving them.

No, after saving, you will have no modifications, it may be that during the save operation, depending on your parameters, you get the quality worse.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sandstone texture:

Exposure: blacks (left) are missing, also parts of the whites (right of the histogram). Normally, this should result in a picture with missing contrasts:

Abambo_0-1679319738692.png

You have the painterly look of an over processed, small sensor picture. There are no fine structures left. I suppose that even your whites are missing on the histogram, that the light part of the picture has been clipped (overexposed).

As for JPEG artefacts, to bring them out clearly, I've magnified the picture to 800%. They are, however, visible also at lower magnification scales:

Abambo_1-1679320227317.png

a) sharpening artefact

b) compression artefact—visible in the darker parts of the image

c) colour noise introduced by the JPEG compression. That is visible in all the light parts of the picture.

The most damaging effect of this picture is the painterly look, where the camera software has wiped out all fine structures.

Turf, …:

Disturbing patches of out of the focus elements:

Abambo_2-1679320652901.png

They are all over the picture.

The painterly look is also visible here, your in camera optimization has optimized details away.

If you look at your histogram, you see that here too, the whites are missing.

The biggest defect here is certainly that the blades of grass are out of focus pretty much everywhere in the image. This makes the whole picture look blurry. This is followed by the painterly look of the details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like this elements sorry, it gives pictures atmosphere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can like them, but they are disturbing. And they will lead to a refusal, as far as I know. And sorry: they don't give atmosphere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this painterly look here happened after using JPG artefacts remover from neural filters. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about Sandstone. Exposure: blacks (left) are missing, also parts of the whites (right of the histogram). Normally, this should result in a picture with missing contrasts:

Contrast was done first, that happen after neural filter's JPG artefact was added in post-production. Parts of the whites? Highlights? Are you seriously looking at your image in 800% where is this part what you point it out, I went through I can not see. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seriously looking at your image in 800% where is this part what you point it out, I went through I can not see. 

By joych@art

No, but I zoomed in to 800% to make the artefacts more visible. You see at 100% that something is not OK, at 200% you see that painterly look, depending on your screen resolution, you will see the artefacts also at 200%. The moderators didn't need to zoom in. They had a 10s look to check the asset and refused. They can refuse at the first error they encounter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 15.45.23.png

 screenshot before Neural filters and removing JPG artefacts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then the conclusion would be don't use the Neural filters! It gave a rubbish result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am trying to repair them, but they are claiming all is fine, it worked before now they don't. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyway, thank you for the conversation and all advices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can imagine that the structure of the sandstone looks like noise and artefacts to the neural filter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't before, I don't know what happen with program and what is the issue, but better do not speculate about it. I manage to do a lot of photos with JPG artefact remover, and it is design for photo to pop out. And it was keeping all the details before, even for AI. Now is just flat, adobe can not recognize photos after jpg artefacts removal as photos. That is bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

 screenshot before Neural filters and removing JPG artefacts. 

By joych@art

Much better!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a nice source. Thanks.

For stock, you should cover the whole range, including the whites and the blacks, without clipping one or the other side.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything is explained, very clear here. Thank you again for the conversation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines