• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

question about approval

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I'm new to community and learning about the content creation to stock (I have been using stock photos for years though). I have checked out the rejected content people post here and I'm wondering if there the quality criteria is always the same. For example there is thousands of images of flowers, but significantly less photos of horse archery. Does the rarity (or other commercial value) effect to approval? I have a few photos with good composition and commercial value, but just desent quality due to older gear and action nature of the cituations the pictures were taken.

If the subject of the photo doesn't affect, it really explains some situations where i have tried to find suitable stock image, but failed miserably.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assets that are abundantly present in the database tend to get a more stringent review. If you contribute flowers, sunsets, and the same, your picture needs to be perfect and should have a wow factor.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This makes sense, if I want to download a flower to my commercial work I have a lot of options. But If I'm lookin a photo from spesific event or place I'm not that picky. Of course the photo has to meet some standarts, but usually the I choose based on the feeling, mood and composition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The quality criteria for stock photos can vary from one stock photo agency to another, but there are some general guidelines that most agencies follow. These guidelines typically include things like:

• Technical quality: The photo should be in focus, well-lit, and free of noise and distortion.
  • Composition: The photo should be well-composed and should draw the viewer's eye to the subject.
  • Copyright: The photo should be free of any copyright restrictions.

In addition to these general guidelines, some stock photo agencies may also have specific requirements for certain types of photos. For example, a stock photo agency that specializes in business photos may require that all photos be taken in a professional setting.

The rarity of a photo can also affect its chances of being approved. If there are very few photos of a particular subject, then a stock photo agency may be more likely to approve a photo of that subject, even if it does not meet all of the technical quality guidelines.

However, the rarity of a photo is not the only factor that affects its chances of being approved. The commercial value of a photo is also important. A stock photo agency is more likely to approve a photo that is likely to be in demand by buyers.

If you have a few photos with good composition and commercial value, but just decent quality due to older gear and action nature of the situations the pictures were taken, then you may still be able to get them approved by a stock photo agency. However, you may need to work with the agency to improve the quality of the photos. For example, you may need to edit the photos to remove noise or distortion. You may also need to provide the agency with additional information about the photos, such as the location where they were taken and the date they were taken.

If you are having trouble getting your photos approved by a stock photo agency, you may want to consider submitting them to a different agency. Some stock photo agencies have more lenient requirements than others. You may also want to consider hiring a professional photographer to help you take your photos. A professional photographer will have the experience and the equipment to take high-quality photos that are likely to be approved by a stock photo agency.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't believe that there is any allowance for the uniqueness of the event or subject in terms of determining technical acceptability. So, if you believe your older images do not meet the current technical guidelines because of the conditions under which they were acquired or the fact that they were captured with older equipment, they would most likely be rejected. However, if you believe they're "good enough" to be acceptable, why not test that out by uploading a couple?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines