• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reducing a large ai file for Adobe Stock?

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have created an AI file that I would love to upload to Adobe Stock except that I can't figure out how to reduce the MB of the file to Adobe Stocks requirements and make sure the artboard is also the correct size. Right now the file is 140MB and needs to be reduced to 45 MB. Then I need to make sure the artboard is no larger than 68 megapixels. Can someone please help me with a step by step on how to do this?

Thank you

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Take a look at the link in the thread above your most recent. That should answer most of your questions.

Good luck,

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI files can’t be compressed like JPEG pictures but in general, Illustrator files are smaller than pixel images as the information that is stored is more compact. So Illustrator files are always as compact as possible.

Therefore, I’m wondering what kind of information you have included into your Illustrator files. Please note that if you have included pixel graphics that those are not conform to the rules.

The only tipp I can give is to try a Save As, that may help and helps in some programs to get rid of some old balast.

If you need further information on how to work with Illustrator, I suggest you ask your questions in the Illustrator​ forum.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thank you for the information. I have created a painting in illustrator but it's too big megabyte size. I was able to change the ppi so that it's no longer under 72ppi and I was able to increase the size of the artboard to the 15 megapixels required by Adobe Stock but the entire size of the file is still too large. Instead of it being 140MB I was able to get it down to 79.8MB. Is there anything else I can do to shrink the file size? What I did was increase the artboard size but I also did a copy and paste from the original file which I had set at 72ppi to an artboard set at 300ppi. After all this, I just hope Adobe Stock will accept it.

I just need to reduce the file size down to 45MB.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AvianEd  wrote

I just need to reduce the file size down to 45MB.

All what you describe let’s me think that you have embedded pixxel graphics. Get rid of them and your file will have shrinked considerably.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean but the only thing in the artwork are brush strokes. I just tried to upload the SVG version but they said the artboard is still not the minimum 15 megapixels. I have a second version I'm going to try. this is very frustrating.

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A 140Mb file with just brush strokes seams to me to be a very huge file...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it seems large to me as well. I am just going to try and create a new design for this. I will start out with the correct size and ppip and go from there. Thank you all for your help. I'll come back once its complete and update you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Take a look at the link in the thread above your most recent. That should answer most of your questions.

Good luck,

Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 25, 2019 Feb 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amy,

Moving this discussion to Adobe Stock Contributors and looping in MatHayward for expert help.

In addition, you may also refer to Requirements for contributing vector art to Adobe Stock for more details.

Regards,

Twarita

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines