• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a new contributor, I have just uploaded many photos from my camera. I also selected the photos which are not out of focus or underexposed, however, they have been rejected for Technical Issues.

Could anyone please help me out why it was done? As a new contrbutor I would be interested in any views as to why?
Thank you vey much.
TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected 2 photos to review:

DSCF5039: This one overall was underexposed based on the histogram, and appeared dark to me as well.  The chair closest to the camera in the center of the frame was out of focus, as well as many of the items around the room appearing slightly blurry when viewing at 100%.  This image also has noise in the shadow areas at 100%.  I would expect to see this with it being shot at iso 2000 and f 2.8.  I believe this image would be refused for intellectual property violations if the technical issues were corrected, there are many recognizable objects around the room.

DSCF7019: The first thing that stood out for this photo was the horizon not being level.  When viewing the details between 100% - 200%, I noticed the horizon in the distance was soft in focus particularly towards the edges.  Try shooting between f8 and f16.

Hope that helps!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear George Folster,

Thank you very much for your advice.

I am very appreciated and these are much helpful for me.

Best wishes for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Henry23325772zods ,

Your photos are underexposed. Details are lost in the shadows of the room of the window shot. 

The edge of the glass is also not sharp.And also both images are slightly noisy.

I looked at your first and second photos. I believe all you photos might have the same issue. To inspect your files for flaws please zoom in at between 100 and 200%. Look for noise grain, lost details and soft edges. These are some of the issues that earns a rejection.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jacquelin,

Thank you very much for your detail advice.

These are very helpful for me improving my photo later.

Thank you and best wishes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome @Henry23325772zods 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) underexposed shadows

2) lacks sharp focus

3) underexposed shadows

4) blown highlights, lacks sharp focus

5) poorly composed - what's the focal point ?
6) lack of sharp focus, poorly composed

7) leaning horizon

8) underexposed 

These all appear to be unedited images from a mobile phone camera. Editing (in Lightroom or Photoshop for instance) is almost always required to perfect an image before uploading. In addition, you should always zoom in to 100-200% to carefully examine your images for flaws. Also, read ALL of the info in the Adobe Help pages so that you understand what constitutes acceptable quality for Adobe Stock images.

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much Jill-C

I appreciate your comments and advice as a valuable thing that can help me improve the quality of my photos in the future.

Best wishes to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a little bit of everything that Adobe can reject, I would read AdobeStock's file selection rules

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only looked at the first four and it was obvious that you first must correct the exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines