• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Image

Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image was rejected due to Quality Issues, Please review and advise why was it rejected.Silvestri1.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about the other image you uploaded? Looks like you don't want feedback on that one?

This one has underexposed shadows and slightly overexposed cloud areas. White Balance is too blue. The  foreground rocks and hills are lacking detail when zoomed in - they have a "crushed" appearance with indistinct edges; looks like this is from a cell phone camera? 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This image is not from a cell phone camera, it is from Fuji XT-3. I left the shadows on purpose, slightly overexposed

clouds don't harm the image in my opinion. What do you mean by "crushed" appearance? 

I really want the feedback on the first image, but the various feedbacks seem to be inconclusive.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Zoom in and examine the details carefully. Fill the screen with this crop, and you'll see that the edges of objects are indistinct.  2023-04-01-Silvestri1.jpg

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your comment is a mistake that alot of contributors make.

"I left the shadows on purpose, slightly overexposed clouds don't harm the image in my opinion"

Adobe sets the guidelines and we must meet them or our images may not be accepted.

Our opinion does not matter and nobody at Adobe is listening to it. At the most, they listen to selected buyers.

The "Community Experts" here in this forum have been chosen from Adobe because we give "conclusive" feedback. If we are not sure, we will tell you that we are uncertain. Many other users also are quite expierenced and give valid feedback. If @Jill_C  or @Nancy OShea give you a tip, try resubmitting following their suggestions. They have a good idea of what Adobe is looking for.   

Here an example: 
(foreground reduced, shadows lightened, clouds filled in, blue color reduced, light and shadows added, fence removed and eye catcher added. Naturaly, the seagulls should be replaced with another bird)
Untitled-1a.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ralph, 

Thanks for your constructive tip. I'll certainly keep it in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, it needs some WOW factor. 

Start by straghtening and cropping out distracting elements from the foreground.

Add some saturation and levels adjustments to boost color vibrance and reduce harsh foreground shadows. See screenshot. 

image.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think the clouds are fine, exposure, etc., BUT it does need some WOW to it as @Nancy OShea said. Currently, the image is too flat; it needs to 'pop' more!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excuse me for my ignorance, but what WOW stands for? Thanks for your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Another question, what does it mean the image "needes to 'pop' more"? Please advise. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ricky, one more question. When you say that the image is too flat, do you mean it is not contrasty enough? Please advice. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ricky, one more question. When you say that the image is too flat, do you mean it is not contrasty enough? Please advice. Thanks.

By @MoRavid

Yes, needs more contrast!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Needs to pop more is just more vibrant in colour! Images should stand out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'WOW', is just wow, - amazing, cool - awesome, take my breath away, knock me over with a feather, blow my socks off, the best thing since sliced bread, and so on. Often the 'wow factor' is used in English to describe something that is more than ordinary!

"Wow, that's an amazing view, photo..."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines