Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected images | technical issues?

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone!

Adobe used to reject my images very rarely. Most of the time it was relatable.

Now they almost rejected a whole batch because of technical issues. Can anyone help me with that?

The pictures are tack sharp, shot at iso 100-200.

I don't understand what the issues is.

Thanks

Nils

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am going to guess on this post. I think the main issue is depth of field and in some photos the paw is underexposed. Also the bright light in the cats eye. It looks like a ring flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Ralph. Thanks for your reply. Just curious: whats wrong with the dof?

I think it's pretty common to have a catchlight in the eyes (it's a softbox) So that cannot be the reason for the rejection. I noticed every other agency accepted the whole batch. must be a problem with the reviewer.  I will try it again in a while

Best

Nils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first has noise:

Abambo_0-1639604504085.png

The second and third have a strange eye or reflection:

Abambo_1-1639604540025.png

Abambo_2-1639604688794.png

The fourth looks underexposed on the paw.

The fifth, except for a may be artefact around the mouth, I see no reason to reject.

The DoF looks great for me.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the type of catchlights in the eyes. In the 3rd photo it even looks really scary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Liebe MArianne, danke für Deinen hilfreichen Kommentar. Jetzt weiß ich, woran es liegt 😄

Mal im Ernst: Es ist eine ganz normale Softbox Reflektion im Auge. Was Du sicherlich meinst, liegt an einem Unfall. Die Katze hat ein kaputtes Auge. Mach dir einen schönen Tag 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Das kaputte Auge ist natürlich ein Handicap für die Katze, könnte aber auch einen potenziellen Käufer abschrecken. Ich glaube, ich hätte es für Stock gephotoshoppt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke für den Hinweis! Habe ich natürlich bei einigen versionen gemacht. Aber es gibt bestimmt auch Käufer, die Fotos von Katzen mit Beeinträchtigung suchen. Meine Fotos wurden bis jetzt eigentlich fast alle früher oder später in Fachmagazinen abgedruckt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wenn der Defekt erwähnt wird, dann könnte es sein, dass ein Käufer genau das sucht...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Your photos are beautiful. What other places do you use other then adobe because I am not getting anything approved here?

Thank you 

Crystal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Search for stock providers. Most providers are less stringent than Adobe. But my Adobe sales are by far outperforming my other providers, even that I post the same picture at other places. Adobe pays more per sale, and I have more sales in number at Adobe. But my bestseller here is not my bestseller there… so I do not cannibalize my Adobe stocks sales for other providers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2021 Dec 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think the reflection in the eyes is a problem. I don't think you should be able to see this:

_crop.jpg

for example! You need better control over how you place your lighting! This not a good look. Imagine if this was a model; I don't think he/she would be happy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What? Reflections of light sources in the eyes are a common thing. just google for beauty portrait or literally anything else. Maybe you mean the injured eye?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Spay-Neuter.jpg

From Google.. reflection here is fine. And the buyer is not to know that the cat has an injured eye.

Anyway, this just from the point of view of a potential buyer. Maybe this is fine, but there are 1000s of other better images.

"cat eyes" cat: fotografie, obrazy, grafiki wektorowe i materiały wideo bez tantiem (adobe.com)

We can agree to disagree...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for letting me know how to capture cats properly. I appreciate it!  I submitted them again. The pictures got all approved now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2021 Dec 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good for you! No changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course not. my photos are great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

of course not. my photos are great!

By @FurryFritz

🙂 Gut, wenn man nicht von Selbstzweifel geplagt ist. Und wenn Du die Diskussion hier verfolgt hast, sind alle Kritikpunkte eigentlich auf dem Punkt herumreiten gewesen, außer bei dem Katzenauge, bei dem natürlich niemand erraten kann, dass die Katze ein Problemauge hat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're more than welcome. Happy to help.😊 Of course, the cat would also want to be shown in the best possible way. They are cats after all. Cats can be very fussy as you know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines