• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected images that were approved in other sites.

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I just got a lot of images rejected that are approved in other stock photo sites, now there is no exclusivity just citing technical issues or underexposed? I find some of the reasoning strange is there a way to get this re-submitted or challenge the algorithm?   Posted some below but still a bit puzzling.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 13, 2021 Jun 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's always helpful if you state the reason for rejection.

1. Image is underexposed; Adobe Stock only accepts this type of imagery, Illustrative Editorial Content, from invited contributors.

2. Nothing is in focus and there is no focal point in the composition. It would have been more interesting if there was something to look at in the rear view mirror; and of course, sharp focus on something, anything, is essential.

3. Same content as #1 regarding Content. In addition, nothing is in focus.

4. The motel sign signifies that a property release is required, and there are artifacts in the sky. I'm also struggling to find anything in sharp focus. This type of scene requires a stopped-down aperture so that the greatest amount of the scene possible is in focus.

As you've surmised, Adobe Stock has a high threshold for quality, and the images that were accepted at other stock agencies might not make the cut here. You cannot challenge the Moderators; however you can re-edit and re-submit the images if the issues can be resolved with editing. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2021 Jun 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For me, the focus isn't good, especially, I think, it is more noticeable if enlarged, like billboard size for example. I also wouldn't use any filter or toning effect as the buyer can add their own style if wanted.

Also, how useful would these be for stock images? Big question for sure, but you do need to ask yourself who would buy them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first and fourth photo shows posterization lines in the sky at 200%. The second is not focused. The third I aqm not sure and the fourth is also underexposed in the shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Carriemh,

Adobe Stock's decision is final and there's no appeal process per se.  Reviewers are tasked with evaluating hundreds of submissions daily.  There's not enough time to give detailed critiques or debate about the reasons an image was rejected with individual contributors, sorry.

Rejection reasons usually fall into 5 categories: 

• technical problems  -- focus, lighting, framing, technique, depth-of-field, white balance, etc..
  • intellectual property/copyright, trademark, landmarks,
  • model releases,
  • aesthetic/commercial appeal,
  • non-compliant file type.

Since you're new to Adobe Stock, the User Guide is essential reading.  Also get familiar with what Adobe looks for.  Their standards are higher than most other stock image houses because Adobe's customers  expect perfect visual and technical quality for use in their own commercial projects. 

See links below.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines