• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Images

New Here ,
Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I submitted these photos recently but they got rejected can someone tell me why exactly?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

LEGEND , Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

I think your subject selection is interesting, but your composition is not good enough. Composition is a quality issue, and included in the "quality" rejections. People may have things to say about other aspects such as exposure and focus, but I'll stick to composition.

Pancakes. Decorative. Nice dusting. But the composition needed to enclude the whole of the plate it was displayed on. It seems to be randomly cut off, especially at the right. Pancakes are a rather popular subject, it's hard to co

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

DSC_5030.jpg - poorly composed, underexposed, noisy, depth of field is too shallow 

typewriter - noisy, and brand name is an IP violation 

flower - not in focus, noisy, not well composed 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jul 06, 2023 Jul 06, 2023

I agree with @Jill_C on the composition. Other than that, I think focus is the main issue. Also product names are not allowed without an IP release.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think your subject selection is interesting, but your composition is not good enough. Composition is a quality issue, and included in the "quality" rejections. People may have things to say about other aspects such as exposure and focus, but I'll stick to composition.

Pancakes. Decorative. Nice dusting. But the composition needed to enclude the whole of the plate it was displayed on. It seems to be randomly cut off, especially at the right. Pancakes are a rather popular subject, it's hard to compete. But look at your competition: Pancakes Images – Browse 467,591 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video | Adobe Stock

Typewriter. This is a beauty. Properly composed this could be a popular image. But not with this composition. It's carelessly cut off at the edge of the carriage, but more to the point, it seems to be surrounded by old junk - but not in an "old fashioned" way. Rather, it seems to be for sale in an antique shop. You need to present it on on a neutral background, a beautiful leather desktop, or even a carefully set up old office setting (drifting out of focus at the rear). Compare with Typewriter Old Images – Browse 72,818 Stock Photos, Vectors, and Video | Adobe Stock, here is your competition.  Another problem: REMINGTON is a trademark, you can't include it.

Phone box. This is a fine piece of living history. But no, not with part of modern van and untidy yard behind it, and junk stacked against it, grass in front, and unfortunately coloured red flowers overlapping it. Compare with: https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=%22red+telephone+box%22

Flower. Unremarkable flower badly framed and (I have to say it) wildly out of focus. Don't bother with flowers, even perfect ones, there are many millions already on offer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DSC_5030.jpg - poorly composed, underexposed, noisy, depth of field is too shallow 

typewriter - noisy, and brand name is an IP violation 

flower - not in focus, noisy, not well composed 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Jill_C on the composition. Other than that, I think focus is the main issue. Also product names are not allowed without an IP release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A nice Remington typewriter, but still, the name needs to go. The design of the telephone cabin may be protected by British Telecom. All pictures have in addition QUALITY ISSUES, I suppose that was the rejection reason given to you. Please add that info for your next batch…

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines