Copied

What can i do better ? 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

I checked you first for your cutout work. When I put it against a light background, you see that you have done errors with the cutout.

Abambo_0-1666637879934.png

Your brush was inconsistently hard. With stone, I would expect a hard cut against the background. All the stone should be in focus for best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Hello,

In a nutshell, your cutout work could have been a lot better. I think this is the main problem!

I guess you have taken the salt lamp and then cut it out and placed it on it a white background, hence, the cutout work could be cleaner.

I don't think there is a white balance issue. The bluish-grey edges I think are more to do with the nature of the salt. If there is a white balance issue, it would be seen in the whole salt lamp and not just a corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These all have the same errors.  These all appear to be taken with a shallow depth of field and are blurry around the edges.  The cutout work also appears to be feathered adding to the blurriness.  I would leave the selection unfeathered when cutting something like this out.  The lighting appears to be inconsistent with both white balance and brightness.  Maybe these were taken with another light in the room or next to a window?  I would more closely match the lighting and turn off any additional indoor lights or close the windows if those are what's causing the slight blue color cast in some of the photos.

Good luck!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, i will try it again with your tips 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The objects  are blurry and the masking work is not well done. Zoom in and look at edges carefully. The 4th object has a blown highlight.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @azeyope ,

The first file has a white balance issue. It is a little blue. It appear you went in a little close so that the top section is not in sharp focus. I don't know if you'll get away with that if you correct the white balance and re-upload. 

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1666632778382.png

The second was not clean cropped from its background. Also it is not in sharp focus.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1666632947695.png

The third also have a soft margin around the edge.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1666633274327.png

The fourth image has a sharp light source. When taking images like these you do not use flash and you need to filter any direct sharp light source, for example placing a thin white fabric between the light source and the subject. The subject is not completely in focus.The edge of the top is too soft. There is not a definition between the subject and the background.

jacquelingphoto2017_3-1666633839007.png

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked you first for your cutout work. When I put it against a light background, you see that you have done errors with the cutout.

Abambo_0-1666637879934.png

Your brush was inconsistently hard. With stone, I would expect a hard cut against the background. All the stone should be in focus for best results.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this supposed to be?  It's unclear. 

I don't know if I'm looking at real objects or synthetically made ones. Are these supposed to be hard surfaced objects like stone or salt or soft malleable ones like soap or gelatin? 

I admit I'm not the brightest bulb in the lamp store but if I don't know what I'm looking at, how will Stock Reviewers & customers know either?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how a saltlamp look like🤷🏻‍:male_sign:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you make the salt lamps?  If not, you may have IP problems.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Such lamps are quite popular in Europe, you find them in every corner, and they are industrially made, so I would not expect IP problems. The commercial value of such pictures is different, as if you are a vendor, you get an easy picture and cut-outs are done in no time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In a nutshell, your cutout work could have been a lot better. I think this is the main problem!

I guess you have taken the salt lamp and then cut it out and placed it on it a white background, hence, the cutout work could be cleaner.

I don't think there is a white balance issue. The bluish-grey edges I think are more to do with the nature of the salt. If there is a white balance issue, it would be seen in the whole salt lamp and not just a corner.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Any advice on whether the image can be sold or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would say zero to very low sales. See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/rejected-quality-issues/m-p/13294636#M...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps if you reshoot the lamp, taking into account all of the advice above, it could be saleable; however before you spend much effort doing, so take a look at some of the other 4,000 images that are already in the Adobe Stock database.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines