• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected submissions

Community Beginner ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a fairly new stock image contributor and recently I submitted some photos. All the images in this particular series were rejected.

I got this comment from Adobe:

"Thanks for giving us the chance to consider your image. Unfortunately, this image doesn't meet our quality standards so we can’t accept it into our collection."

I have read the quality and technical issues page and do not know why they were rejected. My past submissions were all accepted.

Attached is one of the rejected images.

All the images were in focus and there were no lighting issues that I can see wrong.

Can the more experienced contributors suggest why it was rejected?  I will really appreciate it.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je n'aimerais pas vous contrariez, mais il y a un problème de mise au point. Essayez d'agrandir à 100 %. Il manque de "piqué"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2022 Aug 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Merci beaucoup!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Judy L Photography, No, I don't see the image in focus at 100 percent, as @ClaudePhoto points out. Be sure to zoom in to around 200 percent to check edges and subject objects. Overall, I like your arrangement and the mooncake looks good, but there is a lot of heavy shadowing. Work on controlling your light a bit more. There is some clipping, which isn't terrible, and I actually like the bright highlight on the right side of the plate.

Also, I note you have your ISO at 200 which is too high for a still life. ISO of 100 is typical for this type of shot, and use a tripod or camera stand if you are not. Lately, it's trendy to have some lesser objects like tea pots and cups cut off the edge. But designers can choose the cropping they want, so I recommend keeping objects fully in the frame as much as possible, or only letting one large object get clipped, so your scene doesn't look overly staged. Keep submitting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice, I will work on it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Judy L Photography ,

Your subject is out of focus. The edges need to be sharp. Also you need to pay attention to composition. You should either have the side items completely included in the frame or you zoom in more on the center subject  and leave them out completely. The frame is also slightly underexposed.

ISO, shutter speed and F-stop adjustments are what's required to produce correct exposure. Therefore, there is no ideal settings of any of these parameter provided the correct exposure is met. Noise cannot be avoided no matter what settings you have. You correct noise in post processing. Even though the higher the ISO the more noise introduce that can be corrected in post processing. Besides, if your photo is underexposed you also have increased noise. Many cameras can handle up to 1500 ISO without producing noise that will cause much losses during post processing. 

I suggest you do a course in photography. LinkedIn Learn has some really nice courses.

Also you might want to take a look at The Adobe contributor guide

Seven tips to get your files accepted 

The list of requirements that will allow you to produce acceptable stock photos.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the critique and links, much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome @Judy L Photography 

Best wishes

Jacqulein

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMO, the busy design on the tray is detracting from the subject and doesn't compliment the pastry design. 

Technical issue are focus, unwanted shadows, glare, clipping of beverage cup and tea pot.

Compositionally, you might want to review the Rule of Thirds.

https://www.adobe.com/ie/creativecloud/photography/discover/rule-of-thirds.html

image.png

It has potential.  Keep working on it. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2022 Aug 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nancy, your mark up really helps, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines