• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2019 Dec 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I uploaded a photo, they didn’t accept it because of “distortion problems”. Tell me what is the problem with this photo?Old mechanical watch lying in a quartz crumb.. — копия.jpg

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Hi jacquelingphoto2017. Yes, this photo (more precisely a few photos) was taken and processed in JPG format. This is a macro shot of the zones, then stitched in one frame. But, having discussed this photo here, I wrote to tech support asking me to explain the reason for the refusal, they reviewed and accepted, without giving a clear answer about the refusal. 🙂
Thank you all for your responsiveness!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might refer to a slight lens vignetting at the corners. You can correct this in Adobe Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2019 Dec 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback. Vignetting is a technique for highlighting the main subject. Or is this not welcome on the drains? I sent this photo to 6 photo banks, it was not accepted only here. This photo is an example. Adobe rejects many photos that were easily approved by other photo banks. I wanted to find out the reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe stock is much more stringent on quality checks. Lens vignetting is infact a defect even if your artistic view would introduce it. There are several reasons for this, but the main reason is that vignetting can be added easily to the final image (which may be very different from yours). If you add vignetting by yourself, you may render the image less usable for the customer. Stock is about craft, not art...

If you translate the refusal reason, please add always the original text or even better the link to the exact refuasal reason in your local language. The quality of the translation is sometimes not as accurate as it should be.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 18, 2019 Dec 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Can you include the actual rejection reason - the reason given for rejection. It may be something like 'artifacts' , 'Image Quality' etc. (Also just copy in your original language and post here.)

I very much doubt it was because of the vignetting.

In my view, it just may be due to image quality - your white balance may be off.  The image is a bit cold. Include the reason given and I will have a better idea.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is how they describe the reason:
DISTORTION PROBLEM
Excessive distortion / noise can be caused by low light, improper camera settings, strong compression, or excessive post-processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, in this case, 'artitfacts' has been translated into 'distortion'. 'Artifacts' is in the English version.

So, this means in the image you have some, from what I can tell JPEG compression artifacts. Though to see them you have to enlarge to around 200%. Also, the background just may give this kind of rejection as well.

JPEG compression gives the pixels a 'blocky appearance'. This can be seen a bit in your image.

Old mechanical watch lying in a quartz crumb.artifacts.jpg

Adobe also tends to be pickier than other microstock sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, distortion is to do with camera lenses. And clearly, this is not the case here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"So this means that in the image you have some of what I can say JPEG compression artifacts. Although, to see them, you need to increase to about 200%."
Inspectors always check the image enlarged by 100%. In this case, objectivity is not a failure!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The moderators really check a lot of factors. The guidance is to look carefully at the image at 100% and even more to detect faults in the image. And believe me, moderators here are very picky...and in most of the cases they are right for my images, even if they pass on a different stock site.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ricky, lens vignetting came to mind only because of the term "distortion," which as you pointed out has to do with the lens (this image does have vignetting).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Yuriyh,

I like the composition of your work. Distortion is usually referring to damaged pixels. I believe this many times occur during post processing or compression while saving in jpg. I was introduced to this rejection reason some time ago when my photos were taken in JPG format. I have not come across it since photographing in RAW. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jacquelingphoto2017. Yes, this photo (more precisely a few photos) was taken and processed in JPG format. This is a macro shot of the zones, then stitched in one frame. But, having discussed this photo here, I wrote to tech support asking me to explain the reason for the refusal, they reviewed and accepted, without giving a clear answer about the refusal. 🙂
Thank you all for your responsiveness!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 23, 2019 Dec 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi yuriyh,

Thank you for the update, and congratulation.

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines