• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not get aprove for this image. May i get any comment?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 5 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

@CaglarUbay What was the reason you were given? I see technical problems with focus but in my opinion, this is not a suitable stock image representing a sandwich. The bread is torn, it appears half-eaten already, the perspective is off, and the plating is dirty. This makes for a very unappetising image from my point of view! Food photography is highly specialized and if it is a direction you want to pursue, you'll need to do much more studying and practicing. Always be thinking about who will wa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Compare your work with what successful Stock Contributors are doing in the same category. 

Ham sandwich close-up

Aside from the technical issues, your image lacks much WOW factor that would appeal to potential Stock customers.

Study the links below:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Poor focus, messy background, strange shadows, and an unappealing composition due to the angle and too-tight crop. Food images should be mouthwatering, and the food should be perfectly arranged and well lit. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @CaglarUbay ,

Your frame is out of focus. I don't see that bread as eaten, but that it is a whole wheat bread that is crummy because of the absence of gluten. This could tell a story about the difference between baking bread with whole wheat flour and white flour. Or making sandwich with whole wheat bread and white flour bread. 

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

1.  blur and focus problems

2. Your sandwich is at an angle 

3. Overall it hard to say what you are trying to say in your photo. Your photo needs a story. 

4. Next time try to place the sandwich flat and photo it horizontally.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@CaglarUbay What was the reason you were given? I see technical problems with focus but in my opinion, this is not a suitable stock image representing a sandwich. The bread is torn, it appears half-eaten already, the perspective is off, and the plating is dirty. This makes for a very unappetising image from my point of view! Food photography is highly specialized and if it is a direction you want to pursue, you'll need to do much more studying and practicing. Always be thinking about who will want to use your stock image in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Compare your work with what successful Stock Contributors are doing in the same category. 

Ham sandwich close-up

Aside from the technical issues, your image lacks much WOW factor that would appeal to potential Stock customers.

Study the links below:

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor focus, messy background, strange shadows, and an unappealing composition due to the angle and too-tight crop. Food images should be mouthwatering, and the food should be perfectly arranged and well lit. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CaglarUbay ,

Your frame is out of focus. I don't see that bread as eaten, but that it is a whole wheat bread that is crummy because of the absence of gluten. This could tell a story about the difference between baking bread with whole wheat flour and white flour. Or making sandwich with whole wheat bread and white flour bread. 

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1.  blur and focus problems

2. Your sandwich is at an angle 

3. Overall it hard to say what you are trying to say in your photo. Your photo needs a story. 

4. Next time try to place the sandwich flat and photo it horizontally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As others have said, you basically have poor composition and it is not in good focus; it's not appealing. Imagine if a MacDonald's burger was presented like this? Would you eat it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for great comments. I really apreciated each words....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What about this versions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @CaglarUbay ,

The first file is out of focus and highlights destroys some of it s details.

The second was cropped poorly, and over exposed. Highlights destroys some of its details. Also you need to improve on your composition.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1624555242299.png

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines