Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejection of images

Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2024 Oct 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As a stock photographer i have travel and editrial images in my collection, like traveling different places and some monuments images which are like editorial content.

So, i am submitting those images for the review, but once it was already rejected due to 'quality issue' as given in rejection reason so i was not satisfied with the rejection reason so i submitted all those images for the review again. But the second time also these are rejected with the same reason. So i am feeling little confuse and why rejection of a whole bunch?

Actualy, 2 years before in 2022 i removed all of my stock images from the account and closed the account due to some reason, and now in 2024 i have activated new account so, i started submitting all those previously shot images again for the review. It is that in my previous account which images were accapted are now getting rejected with the reason 'quality issue'!? So this i dont understand why previously accepted images are now getting rejected due to quality issue and it is not a single image but a whole bunch?!

Please, help me on this matter.

Thank you.

Shyamal.

Thank you.

From,
Shyamal.
TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 06, 2024 Oct 06, 2024

Hello,

Quality standards have gotten tighter over the last few years. What was Ok a few years ago, won't pass today.

For example, there are some things you can do to improve the shot:

ricky336_0-1728219295315.png

For example - increase contrast, so it doesn't look flat... Lightroom Classic for example has tools now which can improve an image like this. More editing work needs to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Quality standards have gotten tighter over the last few years. What was Ok a few years ago, won't pass today.

For example, there are some things you can do to improve the shot:

ricky336_0-1728219295315.png

For example - increase contrast, so it doesn't look flat... Lightroom Classic for example has tools now which can improve an image like this. More editing work needs to be done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, agree and thanks for showing this revised version.

Usually i dont do much editing on images like simply editorial images.

But with tools like lightroom, yes i will try to take help of that to see beyond.

Thank you.

From,
Shyamal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @Ricky336 already said, the standards are higher now. Also this photo has burned out areas in the snow. Viewed at 200% you see a lot of noise in the sky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, agree.

Thank you.

From,
Shyamal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Resubmitting previously rejected images without editing them to correct the issues is considered to be spamming and can result in your account being suspended.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, i understand this now.

Thank you.

From,
Shyamal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I popped up the contrast and decreased the exposure to help the details stand out better. And I'd remove those tree branches on the right-hand side.

_MG_1515.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Appreciate this revised version. It is realy seems better, improve.

Thank you very much for this revised or improved visual.

Thank you.

Thank you.

From,
Shyamal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Happy to be of help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 07, 2024 Oct 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @shyamalmajmundar ,

Two things would affect the review of your old files: 

They are reviewed by different people.

The standards have changed.

This file is slightly noisy and over exposed, thus, the details are not as sharp as it could. Remember, the settings for shooting white is different from shooting the same subject, but a dark color. 

Noisy

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1728329605461.png

Pale and lost details

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1728329702931.png

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines