• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejections.

Explorer ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, so recently I faced some more rejections on my content so I just want to seek your insights on them to identify the underlying issues.

[Moderator moved the thread to the correct forum]

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Are you designating these as photographs or illustrations? One of the annoying things about AI is that it sometimes generates what I call, for lack of a better description, hybrid images that have qualities that are both photographic and illustrative, rather than going with one or the other. 31, 47, and 24 fall into this category. For example, the pumpkins in 24 looks real, but the eyes look like illustrations. 47, on the other hand, has all the qualities of an illustration, but if you are submi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

In addition to @daniellei4510  comments, zoom in and look at the carved mouths in image #47. There are angles and shadows that don't make sense. In #24 there are also numerous carved elements that don't make sense.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

After editing what you believe are the needed corrections, submit them again as if you were doing so for the first time. Even if the image is eventually accepted, it will still remain in the reject section as a painful reminder of your past failures. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

As @daniellei4510  said, resubmitting is the same process as the original submission; however be careful to not submit previously rejected images without having re-edited them to try and address the flaws for which they were rejected. Resubmitting the exact same rejected image can get you accused of spamming the system, and repeated spamming occurrences can get your account suspended.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What rejection reason was indicated by Adobe?

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All are rejected indicated by "Quality Issues".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you designating these as photographs or illustrations? One of the annoying things about AI is that it sometimes generates what I call, for lack of a better description, hybrid images that have qualities that are both photographic and illustrative, rather than going with one or the other. 31, 47, and 24 fall into this category. For example, the pumpkins in 24 looks real, but the eyes look like illustrations. 47, on the other hand, has all the qualities of an illustration, but if you are submitting it as a photograph, it might be rejected for that reason. In any case, it has some minor issues that need correcting, like the little chunk missing at the top of the pumpkin on the left.

As for the child, the irises need to be rounded out and brightened a bit and the zipper on the coat is unrealistic. Maybe generative fill might turn the jacket into a pullover, since a realistic zipper would be difficult to generate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I marked them as "photographs" except 47  as it seems to be an illustration. So the point is what about those that also look the same as the shared one but are now in my dashboard, if share one of them with you, you can also find mistakes. I find it perplexing that some of the images I had doubts about were accepted, while the ones I was confident about have been rejected by Adobe. I'm struggling to comprehend the criteria they use. If you'd like to review the images that were accepted, I can also share those with you for verification.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find it perplexing that some of the images I had doubts about were accepted, while the ones I was confident about have been rejected by Adobe. 

By @Daud Rehan

Welcome to the club. My advice is, do the best you can and don't stress the rejections. Let them go for now and come back to them in a two or three months. Concentrate on new submissions.

I've only recently started looking at my rejected images and started putting some effort into fixing what I believe were the reasons for being rejected. They've been in the rejected pile for months. Three of them have since been accepted and there is no better feeling (well...there ARE better feelings, but let's not go there) than having a rejected image finally accepted after fixing the issues. Issues that I didn't KNOW were issues then, but that are obvious to me now. You'll learn what those issues are after you've been submitting for awhile.

But yes. Unless it really, really really looks like an actual photograph from corner to corner, designate it as an illustration. As far as I can tell, this is information that only moderators take into consideration and are not obvious to potential buyers, who could care less if it's an illustration or a photo, so long as it suits their purposes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean to "Resubmit" the rejects OR to submit them from the beginning again?
as I never upload the rejected file again, so I'm not familiar with the resubmission procedure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After editing what you believe are the needed corrections, submit them again as if you were doing so for the first time. Even if the image is eventually accepted, it will still remain in the reject section as a painful reminder of your past failures. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As @daniellei4510  said, resubmitting is the same process as the original submission; however be careful to not submit previously rejected images without having re-edited them to try and address the flaws for which they were rejected. Resubmitting the exact same rejected image can get you accused of spamming the system, and repeated spamming occurrences can get your account suspended.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote however be careful to not submit previously rejected images without having re-edited them to try and address the flaws for which they were rejected.

By @Jill_C

Yes, of course! You may already be aware to chat with me about how terrified or anxious I become about rejections; nonetheless, I view them as nightmares, therefore I will definitely be more careful on Resubmitting to not do anything wrong intentionally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me add this: As I mentioned, labeling an image as either a photograph or illustration is really only for a moderator's reference and not made obvious to the buyer. However, I do in fact title my images as illustrations if they were so designated (e.g., "An illustration of...") or, if I chose Photograph, I title the image "A portrait of..." or "An image of..." as a way of letting the buyer know what they are purchasing. I do NOT title an image "A photograph of..." because I believe this would be misleading.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i also do the same thing in Photos by starting my Tittle with "Portrait", so it would be easier for buyer to recognize. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, i also do the same thing in Photos by starting my Tittle with "Portrait", so it would be easier for buyer to recognize. 

By @Daud Rehan

But keep the title as descriptive as reasonable. It will help the search algorithm.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to @daniellei4510  comments, zoom in and look at the carved mouths in image #47. There are angles and shadows that don't make sense. In #24 there are also numerous carved elements that don't make sense.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines