• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Requesting feedback for rejection of image due to "quality issues"

Explorer ,
May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings, I've had the attached illustration AI generated and enhanced rejected due to Quality Issues, is there someone around that might find what quality issues there are that could cause it to get rejected, any help appreciated. I double checked the image and I may already have a hunch but wanting to see if others will menton it then I know for sure. Thanks in advance

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 12, 2024 May 12, 2024

Hi @Jay Vlugt ,

Other than the black and white picture by itself might have been an issue, you have to take in consideration how your file will look when it's printed. Are there enough visible details that would make sense when your image is printed on paper? For this one I would say no. There are too many black areas that there is no visible margin to separate one element from another, for example the pants from the shoe or the eye from the hat as you can see from this zoomed clip:

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1715563355763.png

What should

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I see right away are the buttons on the vest and jacket and his far eye.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the input

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The thumb is over-sized, as are the pocket flaps.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, yes a lot of issues more than that I realised

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The knobs are notoriously bad on your picture:

Abambo_0-1715533005929.png

And the texture of the jacket and other clothes does look mangled.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for taking the time to check for me!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stylized drawings from Generative AI are notoriously imperfect.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, a lot of times, as I actually have to do quite a lot of work after to clean things up. This one I didn't do much and wasn't initially seeing the issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all the input, I might put fixing this illustration on the back shelf, there's indeed going by the issues quite a bit of work to do, thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's always a good idea when it comes to rejections. I've worked on rejected assets for as long as six months or more after the fact, during which time I'd get a better idea of what moderators look for when it comes to even minor errors. Not to mention the ever-changing technology. I've been able to resubmit at least a dozen unreaparable images that were originally rejected but which I was able to save (and finally get accepted) with the help of Generative Fill and Generative Expand. Of my 264 rejected images that I got early on as a contributor, I've had 111 of them approved after fixing. It's often worth the wait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wise words!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jay Vlugt ,

Other than the black and white picture by itself might have been an issue, you have to take in consideration how your file will look when it's printed. Are there enough visible details that would make sense when your image is printed on paper? For this one I would say no. There are too many black areas that there is no visible margin to separate one element from another, for example the pants from the shoe or the eye from the hat as you can see from this zoomed clip:

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1715563355763.png

What should be a right eye, doesn't look like an eye.

Also, this deep black most likely would come out looking like black blotches other than a formed picture.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your input, much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2024 May 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Jay Vlugt ,

You're welcome.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines