• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Searching for the Truth About Keywording

Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would almost say that keywording makes up about 50% of my stockphoto activities.

Adobestock adds considerably to this workload by requiring that the keywords be in priority sequence. No other stock agency that I use requires this.

I am trying to find out, through trial searches, if this is really true. I tend to think it does not really matter. I think more important is how often your photo has been downloaded or viewed. Also how many similar phootos you have uploaded.

I would like your input if you have any actual findings or thoughts on the matter. Do not tell me what Adobe says, Ive read the documents.

1- Do the keywords really have to be in priority sequence? 

2- Keywords can be duplicated, does this help?

3- Do capital letters make a difference? 

4- Can you see the keywords from other contributors when searching?

Any other tweaks, tips or ideas?

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 09, 2021 May 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

We do not have insight information, so this is what I gathered from information spread in the forum:

1) That's what Adobe says and what I would expect as a programer. Apparently, if you fill all slots they get equal value.

2)"girl" and "smiling girl" and "smiling" could help.

3) That would be contrary to what I think programers would implement.

4) No. That is the one you can test out with a second Adobe id.

At the end of the day there is a lot of artificial intelligence, prioritizing on different parameters etc. I would even guess that user reaction on your pictures makes a difference, say if people download previews of your pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines