• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

stock royalty payments

New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have recently added some images to Adobe stock and have made a few sales. i would like some explanation of the royalty/commission payments. i see that the images are for sale at £5.99 but i have received commission of 19p - was i wrong for thinking the 33/35% royalty payment would be that percentage of the price?

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

@Laura, that is an indication you have not completed a tax form yet. As a result, your commissions are subject to the maximum amount of tax withholding.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2024 Feb 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MatHayward -

Awesome explanation, thank you. A friend of mine got me going on Adobe Stock because he was finding success with photo sales sometimes making $100-$400 on some of his photos. Could you explain further for me? I realize he's probably a higher ranking but what scenarios does one make much on a photo? And what is the process for getting to this point faster?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One major step you can take to ensure success as a Stock Contributor is to read all if the Learn & Support pages and follow Adobe blog, contributor forum and Discord channels. You'll find a wealth of knowledge, do's and well as don'ts. There is no overnight path to success. It takes dedicated effort to perfect your craft, whether it be photography, videos, vectors, illustrations or Gen AI. Then it takes consistent uploads of the high quality assets that Buyers are looking for. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill,

not to be rude but I was asking for an answer from @MatHayward and you didn't even really answer my question unfortunately:( 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have resurrected a thread that is over 6 years old, and you're unlikely to get a response from anyone at Adobe since they rarely visit this forum which is primarily for Contributors. This is a public forum, and anyone can respond to questions. I did answer your question - Adobe has provided many resources, including pages and pages of info on the Learn & Support section to help you become a successful Contributor. The question cannot be answered in a sentence or two in a forum post.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's important to note that you've resurrected a thread that is 8 years old.  It's much less common for employees to post on the Stock Contributor forum than it was 8 years ago.  These are mostly peer to peer forums.

If you want advice to get started with Adobe Stock, your best bet is to start a new post here in the forums and ask the experienced members who frequent here for some advice 🙂

Cheers!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jill,

not to be rude but I was asking for an answer from @MatHayward and you didn't even really answer my question unfortunately:( 

By @Brodi32219500m12q

Not to be rude, this is an open forum. Everybody can answer here., well ot anymore, as I did lock it. 

But as a matter of a fact:

• Mat is rarely posting these days here, as @Jill_C and others are providing great answers. So good luck if you want only answers from Mat.
  • In 2016, when this threat originated, the situation was different and most of the answers are no more relevant today. There is no need to continue this discussion. 
  • @Jill_C did answer your question. Check here the royalties you can earn: https://contributor.stock.adobe.com/royalties
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you don't make $100-$400 on a single asset unless it is licensed many times. Average royalty is ~$1 per asset per license.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2024 Feb 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whatever you want to do, I will lock this thread, as the content is no more relevant today. If you want to further discuss issues on stock, open your thread. You can link to this one, if that pleases you. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines