Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

‘technical issues’ - any feedback?

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

This is the first photo that I’ve tried submitting. It’s been rejected due to ‘Technical Issues’.

Can anyone suggest what the problems might be and how I might be able to avoid them in future?

I have a very cheap, fully automatic camera which might be part of the issue. However I would like to understand the problem a bit better before I think about investing in a better one.

I would really appreciate any feedback on this.

Thanks

Pond Lily.JPG

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Hello,

Firstly, your picture is underexposed - it is too dark. The picture needs to be brighter. This is due to the camera being fully automatic. Having a camera where you can choose manual or semi-automatic can give you more flexibility - semi-automatic meaning aperture priority, and shutter priority.

So in this case, the result you have got is because of the fully automatic mode and lighting conditions.

Here you need to do some post-processing using Lightroom for example. Then you can make the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Hi Ginkgo Tree,

In addition to what is being said, the photo displays excessive noise/grain. There is also a technical issue that is more pronounced at the top right corner where it is too yellow. You need to inspect your images at between 100 and 200% for issue before uploading.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Dear Ginkgo Tree,

This community fellow has listened to you.

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work. Photos are assumed to be yoursNo plagiarism intentions of any kind at all are pretended from my part. I hope this contribution helps to cover one part of that "big void" of

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Firstly, your picture is underexposed - it is too dark. The picture needs to be brighter. This is due to the camera being fully automatic. Having a camera where you can choose manual or semi-automatic can give you more flexibility - semi-automatic meaning aperture priority, and shutter priority.

So in this case, the result you have got is because of the fully automatic mode and lighting conditions.

Here you need to do some post-processing using Lightroom for example. Then you can make the image lighter.

In this image,  it is not so sharp - the lens quality is not so good, and it lacks some contrast.

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, that’s exactly what I needed to know.

Thanks for the link too, it has some really useful information that’s quite new to me. I’m sure that I’ll be revisiting it a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do a lot of reading and research before investing in a DSLR or mirrorless camera. There are a lot of options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2020 Aug 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ginkgo Tree,

In addition to what is being said, the photo displays excessive noise/grain. There is also a technical issue that is more pronounced at the top right corner where it is too yellow. You need to inspect your images at between 100 and 200% for issue before uploading.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Ginkgo Tree,

This community fellow has listened to you.

Please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work. Photos are assumed to be yoursNo plagiarism intentions of any kind at all are pretended from my part. I hope this contribution helps to cover one part of that "big void" of multiple possible rejection reasons.

I am not an Adobe employee nor anybody to convince you about anything, I am just a volunteering dude trying to help people blowing off some steam when their work is rejected.

In other words, just trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only and hopefully will produce at least one smile.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun!

Cheers,

Vences

PS. Beautiful work, you do have an eye for this.

Whenever you have a chance, have a look at these past posts I have collected that could help

About B/W:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/rejected-for-technical-issues/td-p/10163728?page=1

How to improve, sell more:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/how-to-success-the-adobe-stock/td-p/11139445?page=1

Comparisons:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/which-quot-technical-issue-quot-is-the-problem/td-p/8742572?pag...

Food:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/foto-no-aceptada/m-p/11201793?page=1#M52017

Mistakes:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/ip-rejection-for-photo-that-contains-the-same-content-as-multip...

Angry Paul (this is a good one):

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/review-system-that-is-capricious-and-arbitrary/m-p/11140951?pag...

Shaking not fringing:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/can-some-help-me-understand-an-artifacts-issue-with-this-photog...

CCA332DC-17B0-4C79-AFDA-EADD16E5A3B5.jpeg

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, sorry for the late reply, I've not logged into this site for a while.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for your feedback, that’s all really useful stuff to know and also encouraging. It’s so kind of you to take the time to help me out with this.

I’ve got a proper camera  now, just figuring out how to use it, so I hope to put your good advice to practical use very soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good luck!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines