• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical issues rejection

Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking for help understanding where I'm going wrong - I think I'm doing better with angles, clear photos, and doing some post-editing but, I'm just not really sure what's wrong with some of these? - I had a lot rejected and would rather take photos that can be accepted, any advice is appreciated.

There is a number that were rejected for technical reasons, these are some of them.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

I looked at the first three images. Details are missing. You can see it especially clearly in the 2nd image: zoom in to 200%, do you see blades of grass in the meadow? Can you see individual leaves in the trees? You see only blurred areas.
There are also halos at the top of the trees.
There is noise in the image.
The subject is poorly focused.
That's really a lot of mistakes, you should improve your general photography skills and consider using a better camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 17, 2022 Jun 17, 2022

If @Marianne-Deiters says "at 200%" that is because artefacts and other technical issues are most visible at 200 or 300 %. If you are used to look at pictures you even see focus problems, even that I always bounce between 100% and 200% for that.

See here for an example of those missing details (first image):

Abambo_1-1655469815032.png

In that same excerpt, you see artefacts at the anchor border. Both issues will lead individually to a rejection.

The missing detail may be because of a small sensor and in camera proces

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I looked at the first three images. Details are missing. You can see it especially clearly in the 2nd image: zoom in to 200%, do you see blades of grass in the meadow? Can you see individual leaves in the trees? You see only blurred areas.
There are also halos at the top of the trees.
There is noise in the image.
The subject is poorly focused.
That's really a lot of mistakes, you should improve your general photography skills and consider using a better camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll be honest, the only thing I'm seeing that you've described here is the 200% focus - maybe if the rule is for the image to be clear at 200% they should be saying this. Also, I think you could have said suggested that I improve my photography skills without saying that "I really have a lot of mistakes" which comes off as pretty rude in my opinion.

I'll work on my skills and perhaps seek advice from people that can offer advice of value. I don't think I'll be seeking further help from this message board.

Have a great day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh sorry, that wasn't meant to sound rude. I think it's because of the automatic translation. I just saw a lot of mistakes in the pictures. I'm sure there will be other feedback that may be more clearly worded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If @Marianne-Deiters says "at 200%" that is because artefacts and other technical issues are most visible at 200 or 300 %. If you are used to look at pictures you even see focus problems, even that I always bounce between 100% and 200% for that.

See here for an example of those missing details (first image):

Abambo_1-1655469815032.png

In that same excerpt, you see artefacts at the anchor border. Both issues will lead individually to a rejection.

The missing detail may be because of a small sensor and in camera processing, especially noise reduction. The artefacts at hard colour borders are due to sharpening.

In addition to the technical problems, you also have an IP problem, if you do not have a property release for the building and for the wall's artwork.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

People who can't accept criticisms should not ask for critiques.  We're brutally honest about what we see. 

Adobe Stock reviewers accept or reject images based on strict criteria that applies to all, regardless of equipment or atmospheric conditions.  It's not their job to tell you how to take better pictures.  It's assumed you already know that.

Your composition is good.  But focus is a big problem.  Concentrate more on on Depth-of-Field.  Also your colors are washed out, not bright & vivid as they should be. A better camera might help.  A few photography courses in light, color, focus, and technique wouldn't hurt either.

Keep working on it.  And don't take feedback personally.  It's a business, not personal.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Jeff Wagar , I like the composition of your photos but I think it's your smartphone's camera that let you down.  Because of its small sensor size, there are some extra challenges in getting stock quality photos if the shooting conditions aren't ideal.  Here are a couple of samples at 100% magnification.

IMG_20220615_120920a.jpg

If you take a look at the clouds, there is lots of noise and artifacts and parts of the sky are completely blown out with no details at all.  The corner of the building also has some chromatic aberration (purple fringing.)

IMG_20220615_120213a.jpg

The edges of the rocks aren't in sharp focus and the water and the rocks have an almost "painterly" look.

This is where I say your smartphone let you down.  The camera process images to what it thinks should be the right image and often it gets it wrong.  Although the images look great on your phone or another small screen, when looking on a large screen the issues become clearer.

Ideally, if you haven't already done so, use the manual settings of the camera on your phone so you take control and not have the phone automatically process your images.  If you can shoot in RAW or DNG, you will have more options in post processing.

On a side note with your photos, the ones with graffiti or murals, you would be rejected for missing property releases or IP violations.  Any artwork (even random graffiti tags) would require the artist to sign a release to allow you to sell your images for commercial purposes.

Here are some resources that you might find helpful:

Best of luck in your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo 1:  is not properly focused. I mean too little depth of field. The street light needs to be removed. There are artifacts in the sky. The wall needs a property release from the artist.

Photo 2:  is not properly focused. I mean too little depth of field. The bird, shown as a black dot, needs to be removed There are artifacts in the sky. The wall needs a property release from the artist.

Photo 3:  underexposed shadows The bird, shown as a black dot, needs to be removed There are artifacts in the sky. The photo is not cropped well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Jeff Wagar ,

Your compositions seem good. However, there are multiple errors on each photo. I'll comment on the last 3 files. To inspect your files you are to zoom up to between 100 and 200%. When you do so you are able to see most or all errors. If your shot is sharp it will remain sharp until it's zoom to where it starts to become pixelated. That is usually between 300 and 400%. Hence, once you zoom up to 200% and your edges are not clear, it means the photo is out of focus for one reason or the other.

File ending with ,,,2533 has noise grains. Also, there was not enough depth of field, hence too much is out of focus. Some details are lost as though there are damaged pixels.

File ending with ...4143 also has noise grains - both luminance and chromatic. Also this image require property release. Any photo with any artwork or graffiti of any kind requires property release.

File ...0213 seem too cool. Also there is not enough depth of field. Additionally, there seem to be some chromatic noise in the water running onto the rock on the right. The colors are pale.

To get more details regarding what Adobe requires you may take a look at the Adobe Contributor Guide and Tip For Getting Your Files Accepted. Also you'll find additional tip at this link. Here is an additional information to look out for to learn what to avoid when submitting. Read through all these links thoroughly and follow and read all the sub-links. These links should give you most or all the information you need to improve your submission acceptance.

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines