• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is wrong for you guys? Im trying to start here but my images are declined 😞

IMG_20210612_140555.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Presumably, this image was rejected for Technical Issues which appear to be lack of sharp focus on the dog's eye and underexposed shadows. When zoomed in, the picture also appears pixelated, either from using a camera with a small sensor or perhaps over-processing. There are millions of pictures of dogs in Adobe Stock, and in order for yours to be accepted it has to be unique and of perfect technical quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Hi @InstantGabriel ,

Hush! (That's what we'd say in my country.) Any way I like skippy. He's looking very happy. It's not easy catching the eyes of a moving animal, hence I will not comment on that. The subject is very sharp in areas that your focus was concentrated taking in consideration it appears the dog was moving and you were able to freeze an image. However, there are areas of the subject that are not very sharp, Your subject must be completely sharp to maximize your sale potential. Sharp

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Presumably, this image was rejected for Technical Issues which appear to be lack of sharp focus on the dog's eye and underexposed shadows. When zoomed in, the picture also appears pixelated, either from using a camera with a small sensor or perhaps over-processing. There are millions of pictures of dogs in Adobe Stock, and in order for yours to be accepted it has to be unique and of perfect technical quality.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks for answer me Jill.

I go to be better Next time.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @InstantGabriel ,

Hush! (That's what we'd say in my country.) Any way I like skippy. He's looking very happy. It's not easy catching the eyes of a moving animal, hence I will not comment on that. The subject is very sharp in areas that your focus was concentrated taking in consideration it appears the dog was moving and you were able to freeze an image. However, there are areas of the subject that are not very sharp, Your subject must be completely sharp to maximize your sale potential. Sharpness must be established in the camera using camera settings. I also see a white balance issue. Skippy looks slightly blue especially in the shadow areas. There is also color fringing.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1628881673094.png

I agree with @Jill_C , it's very noisy, and the kind of noise is as though it's a camera with small sensor that was used. 

Please zoom in at between 100 and 200% to examine your file before uploading.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the analysis and the advice, they are of great help to me.I took the photo through my phone and I am totally inexperienced but I am very excited to learn the ins and outs of the world of image and photography.For a professional like you, I imagine that you consider it impossible for me to take an adobe quality photo with my phone, right? greetings 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It depends on the phone.  But you're quite right, you're competing with high-end cameras.  A low-end camera makes you work harder to get good pictures.  Read this article.

https://toughnickel.com/self-employment/Create-Passive-Income-With-Stock-Photography-On-Your-Mobile-...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Nancy, thanks for the link and your comment, I'm going to get to it.🧐

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Though the majority of my Adobe Stock images were taken with Canon DSLRs, I do have some that were taken with an old point and shoot camera and some with my iPhone8. Getting good, saleable photos with an iPhone really depends on the available light and the subject matter. Outdoors on a bright day, without harsh shadows seems to be the best. Without adequate light, the camera will struggle to focus clearly and will introduce too much noise.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thank you for your advice and I am delighted to read your experiences, a greeting colleague 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @InstantGabriel ,

There are some phones that take beautiful photos. Your phone seem to be one of them. However, there are many limitations. These include sensor size, the inability to adjust optical zoom, aperture settings and the whole business of having control over manual settings. You will need to work within these limitations, meet the general requirements, and being able to make corrections that result in pleasing and detailed images.

These are some of Adobe's guidelines you need to observe:

Stock Contributor Learn & Support (adobe.com)

Tips for getting your stock photos accepted | Adobe Learn & Support tutorials

Your camera is the first step in meeting these guidelines. I put together some of the limitations of using mobile phone cameras for stock photography. I also included the use of compact cameras and a brief about using DSLR cameras at the following link:

https://incomepayout.blogspot.com/p/cameras-limitations.html

and also the following tabulates the general requirements to get images sold on all stock photo platforms:

https://incomepayout.blogspot.com/p/income-requirements-and-payout.html

I hope this helps.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okey,. I will apply all the advice received to take photos with the phone and I will also save for a camera DSLR.👌 Thanks for your time and greetings from Spain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @InstantGabriel , I agree with @Jill_C , the photo appears pixelated. Especially thge dogs fur and tree branches. I think it is important for you to composite your photos a little better. Rule of thirds, remove any burned out  areas, remove trash and not needed objects in the background and foreground. Highlight and sharpen the eyes.

IMG_20210612_140555-3.jpg

The pixelazation is still present in this example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2021 Aug 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Ralph, I am impressed with your modifications, you have made me see what I should do with the retouching, thank you very much. Today I have tried to do my best by taking some photos of another style,Can you tell me if this is more acceptable? thanks for everything, I will try to learn to dedicate myself to this, I love it.IMG_20210815_184319 (1).jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @InstantGabriel ,

In terms of style, multiple styles are acceptable. You are allowed to take your subject from different angles, closeup, wide angle portrait and landscape. You can center your subject or apply the rule of third. For specific elements, most of the times your background is not use, but sometimes it is depending on what your photo is used for. Therefore if there was some connection with skippy and the tree branch the shot with skippy is acceptable. If you were lower to take in more of the road and less of the tree above, that would tell another story. @RALPH_L crop it to include the tree. I'd crop it to include the road. That file upload as you had it, if @RALPH_L and I were to buy it we would be telling two different stories using the same image and yet a third person could buy it just for skippy. Once your subject is of reasonable size, you can always include other elements once it tell a story that can be used by multiple people. 

The cup style is also acceptable. A customer will buy that image and crop it out of its background. The only thing, the edge is not sharp enough because there was not enough depth of field to get the entire cup and saucer in focus. Hence it would be difficult to crop. Too, you might probably needed to step back a little more, you need in excess of the f-stop of a telephone to get that entire cup in focus. Therefore with your phone you have to look for subjects that do not require more than that your phone offers. Another issue with this photo is that it's very noisy.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1629083406318.png

When you take photos, zoom in to between 100 and 200% to inspect it for issue.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @jacquelingphoto2017 . Your photo should tell your story. My example is only a suggestion. Your cup photo needs post processing work done. There is a spot on the cieling, left of the cup just above the border that needs to be removed. Also the burned out lighted areas should be removed. I find your background very disturbing. Next time, try shooting at various angles to reduce the number of unnecessary objects in the photo.

I also find the reflections in the cup disturbing. On the eft are sign letters which can be seen.

I also would lighten the shadows up a little.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello again 🧐 From what I see it is not only about taking a good photo with a coherent composition, I must also use software to retouch the image and have a decent camera,I would like to share a reflection, I realized that it is not only a good image with a message, I must work it digitally so that it is considered commercial, it seems correct to me but it loses genuineness 😞

I'm not going to give up anyway and until I have Photoshop and a decent camera I'm not going to stop learning by making and retouching images with my phone.Thanks for your time again, I wish you the best :new_moon_face:IMG_20210816_232046.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jacqueling, I have good news and a couple of questions.

How can I see your portfolio? I try to see people's work but can't find the way to access the portfolio.

M  I would like to sell a photo, have you managed to earn money here? 

And finally the good news, I have learned to take quality photos and I can say that I already have a portfolio !!!!

https://stock.adobe.com/es/contributor/210564180/GabrielManuel

Thanks for your time, you are very kind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines