Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Technical problems.

Participant ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
Suddenly I started getting lots of "technical problems" in photos that are the kind of ones which used to be completely fine before. Has Adobe changed the rules and where can we read the new updates to the old rules to follow them better? 

TOPICS
Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

There are no known "new rules". Please post an example of a photo that you think should have passed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

@aartturi this is a tough one. I'll skip to the rasberries. I would crop it in some to get rid of the ugly shadows at the back. If I examine this area at a high magnification I can see some artifacts. I also think there is a little to much yellow in the box color.

Just a shot in the dark on this one.

raspberry-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no known "new rules". Please post an example of a photo that you think should have passed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

weather_Balloon.jpg

 

raspberry.jpg

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are 2 examples. I have similar ones more too. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the caption and keywords for the first image, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"3d illustration of a weather balloon in early morning. Sun rise in background and nice pink violet sky."
3d illustration

adventure
air
airscape
atmosphere
background
ball
balloon
beautiful
blue
climate
closeup
design
device
equipment
fly
forecast
graphic
helium
high
icon
illustration
instrument
measurement
measuring
meteorology
monitoring
nature
observation
outdoor
overcast
prediction
recreation
season
sky
space
sphere
station
stratosphere
summer
sunset
technology
temperature
transportation
travel
weather
white
wind

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In both cases, you have problems with an unpleasant composition. The moderators could also have chosen "Commercial appeal" as refusal. But I think that's more used for otherwise correct pictures.

It may well be that the internal standards have been strengthened, so that pictures now get more easily rejected, but I doubt that these pictures would have passed even a year or so ago.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks. Can you explain what exactly makes them unpleasant composition and how do I avoid such composition happening in the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've also had similar photos as the raspberries being rejected. But in those I only had fruits. So full image full of fruits and nothing else. What might be the unpleasant thing in that kind of photos?

These are an examples of such photos. Sry I link shutterstock, but I don't wanna be uploading everything in this forum.
stock-photo-red-hot-chili-peppers-in-a-market-display-chili-pepper-is-a-spice-with-lots-of-capsaicin...

stock-photo-bunch-of-yellow-bell-pepper-paprika-vegetable-fruits-in-grocery-market-to-be-sold-good-n...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These 2 were also rejected here. I really need to know the exact reasons, because I literally have no idea how to avoid wasting my time with tagging here. 

stock-photo-lots-of-green-limes-in-a-market-to-be-sold-good-source-of-juice-and-an-ingredient-for-va...

stock-photo-ripe-allium-onions-and-leaves-for-sale-in-the-market-2020792877.jpg (1500×1225) (shutter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 22, 2021 Aug 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still being very confused of what the problem actually is. Can anyone give me additional info about this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unpleasant compositions when you do not follow the generally admitted rules, have dirt where there shouldn't, when you have lines that are not harmonic etc. The science behind has been determinated by the old masters of painting. 

FYI: I won't loose my time looking at Shutterstock previews. Either, you present full resolution pictures or you stay happy that Shutterstock did accept your picture.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you look at the 2 images already provided and say about those, if you have some clear idea of what exactly made them so unpleasing to you so much that they are not okay?

We can also see the composition in preview images, so if they don't follow the rules of the old masters, we should be able to see it from those without going to 200% pixel level. None of these are out of focus or that easy stuff we typically have as a problem.

I also understand that probably none of us in this forum actually know all the methods the moderators are using to select the photos, so we probably are all just doing educates guess work, but I still don't understand why this has to be so confusing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@aartturi this is a tough one. I'll skip to the rasberries. I would crop it in some to get rid of the ugly shadows at the back. If I examine this area at a high magnification I can see some artifacts. I also think there is a little to much yellow in the box color.

Just a shot in the dark on this one.

raspberry-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, it might be something related on the things you said with the raspberries. I also think I should make the white balance little colder in that one. In fact all these fruit photos have quite warm colors because of the lighting of where I took them. So its in the limit of possibilities maybe, that the reviewer wants me to fix that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Because I think this is an important thing to understand, I decided to upload some of the other photos too, which also are rejected because of the technical reasons. Maybe someone is able to crack the code and explain what the reviewer was thinknig.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines