• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Understanding Exposure Issue

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2019 Jan 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help me understand why this image was rejected for an 'exposure issue'  It's a simple early morning shot of some snow on rocks against a grey sky.  ISO 100 40mm F14 0.4sec.  Nothing could be simpler yet it is rejected!  Why?

Beyond the Hill small.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with the moderator. You did not get the exposure right.I suppose when you adjust your white balance and get exposure right, it will be a good picture.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thanks for your reply but are you saying it is under exposed?  How do you judge that an image isn't exposed correctly if you were not at the location at the time?

I understand exposure when it comes to blowing highlights or under exposing and hiding detail but this image is a blue hour shot.  What am I missing?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Alan-DPhotos,

The person reviewing the photograph for Adobe Stock is not so concerned about you in the field and the exposure you think suits the day and light, Adobe wants the offering to look it's best. Try adjusting the white balance and adjust the exposure - hopefully, you have Photoshop. You will see a better result - then just submit it again. The title and words you select to go with this photo are important too.  Here are a few other bits of information to benefit your understanding. Best regards, JH

Quality standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2019 Jan 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  I have tried in LR to adjust the white balance, highlights, exposure, shadows etc but each time I lose detail in the snow.  I'll try again in PS and upload if I get a good balance but thanks for your time in  replying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Lr is excellent for this kind of adjustments. Look at your histogram and keep that equilibrated.

Blue hour or not, we are here not doing artistic pictures, where you can modify as you like.

Here your picture needs to be clean and correct. Good craft, no art...

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

'How do you judge that an image isn't exposed correctly if you were not at the location at the time?'

Look at your histogram. It shows that your missing some whites so you need to increase your whitepoint.

The histogram is REALLY useful!!! Learn how to read the histogram!

histogram.jpg

You should try to get the snow whiter as well! This can be done without lossing detail.

You do have to bring your exposure up a bit as well and adjust yor colour temperature. As it is early morning the colour temp will be cold - blue, so you haver to warm it up a bit. (Add a bit more yellow.)

You'll then get something like this - this is just a quick fix that I did in Photoshop. If you have the raw file, you'll get a better result.

Beyond+the+Hill+small_exposure.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines