• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading files problem

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started a couple days ago.  I was able to upload 5 .jpg files.  But many are being rejected on upload.  I know all the files meet the minimum file size, so it must have something to do with content.  I have reviewed all the subjects that say they can't be used, and I have none of these in my photos.  I have tried several cityscapes from Budapest and Prague that were all rejected.  Interestingly, one of the photos of Budapest originally uploaded, but was rejected on review because of focus problems.  It had been done with Photomatix HDR software, I determined the judges do not like HDR treatment.  So I resubmitted the same photo without HDR (it is sharp) and now it is rejected by the upload software.  This is quite frustrating.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images are reviewed by our team of moderators to ensure they do not have any intellectual property violations and that the quality standards we have in place are met. We will accept some HDR but in general terms, less is more when it comes to post processing. You want to leave the most options for customers to work with your files as possible.

You can read additional information about rejection reasons here: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/rejection-reasons.html

Reasons for content rejection

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 14, 2017 Jan 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Matt, my problem is not with the jury selection process.  My problem is that the upload software is rejecting the files before they even get uploaded for review.  I have read everything your website provides about why this might happen, and it is definitely not helpful.  As I mentioned, the files are all within your megapixel and megabyte ranges, so it is not a resolution or size problem.  That leaves content.  I realize the upload software is somewhat "content aware", so it is obviously making some judgements.  I just have no clue what they are.  I tried uploading a photo of the Budapest Parliament building (it's not on the NO list you've published) and it was rejected.  Again, this is not rejected in review, it's being rejected by the upload software.  I also uploaded 2 versions of a Budapest river scene.  The first was accepted for upload (it was HDR) then rejected in review because of focus.  It was taken handheld, and the multiple exposures don't always align 100%, so the HDR can be out of focus.  The second was the same scene, in a "normal" single exposure, and it was sharp.  The upload software rejected it.  I have also tried a couple photos of the Lennon Wall in Prague.  I did see that you require releases from the artists in "wall art" situations, but that wall has thousands- no way to get releases.  I know I have seen photos of that wall in ads for travel to Prague.  Anyway, I don't think the upload process is easy to understand as to what is actually acceptable.  Actually, I just tried to insert one of the images in this, and it said that image type is forbidden. The other one did insert.  Let me know why you think this is rejected before it's uploaded.DSCN3824-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 15, 2017 Jan 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well I downloaded the image you embedded in this post and was able to get it to upload fine and got as far as Submit for Approval turning green by adding a title etc.

But the image was 2.4Mb which is below the 4Mb minimum so not sure if you embedded a reduced version or not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are confusing size in megabytes with resolution in megapixels.  Here is the requirement:

Images (photos or illustrations)

• JPEG format only
  • Minimum image resolution is 4MP (megapixels)
  • Maximum image resolution is 100MP (megapixels)
  • Maximum file size is 45MB (megabytes)

There is no minimum size in megabytes.  The file I uploaded is well over 4 megapixels.  It really doesn't make sense that you can upload my file, when I can't.  Perhaps their software somehow remembers my image, and knows that the original was rejected in review.  I guess the fact is I resent the fact that software is rejecting things based on content.  I would not take offense to a human rejecting it, but many of my photos do not make it that far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ha! Duh.... yes I am confusing the two.

I did wonder why it let me upload it when I thought it was under the limit!

Anyway, you could try clearing your cache or using a different browser and see if that works. Other than that, this is for the Adobe people to address.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2017 Jan 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When images are rejected they are visible in your contributor account under rejected images. If you attempt to upload the same file again (same file name), it recognizes it as a duplicate and won't allow you to upload it. Please don't just change the file name and re-upload. This is considered spamming (submitting rejected files multiple times). I recommend you accept the rejection and submit other files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terrible answer.  "Deal with it lul."  What a terrible way to address someone's issue with your product.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who are you addressing? I don't see any such advice here...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But when I am putting resolution as 100mp , it is resulting in decreased size of file below 4 MB. plz help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean, Swati? The file size (4MB) and pixel size (100mp) are not the same thing. Please tell us step by step how you put a resolution of 100mp, it's something that comes out of the camera, you can't set it later. Please share a file if you have problems with it, and tell us the exact message you get from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 18, 2024 Feb 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (25).pngScreenshot (25).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 19, 2024 Feb 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Why did you post these screenshots here? If you have a question, start a new thread, and indicate what you're looking for help with. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's actually not going to be helpful for you to make general comments about files we can't actually see. I suggest you post the images you feel are being rejected unfairly on the critique forum with the reasons for their rejection. That way, we can see if there are any issues that you don't yet have the experience to see.

If you are intentionally adding HDR to your images before submitting them to stock sites, it's highly likely that, if you're not experienced, your images are not going to be what stock sites need. If you are experienced and know that HDR images are selling for you elsewhere, then you'll probably be more successful here if you actually write something like "with an HDR filter applied" in the description and add HDR in the keywords too.

When I first started in stock photography, I had about an 80% rejection rate and it was an essential but humbling experience to learn that the reviewers are almost always right.

Almost always

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am having the same issue from last somedays. I have tried different images but i am unable to upload any of these. Please help me if your issue resolved by assisting me. It'll be of great help. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2021 Jan 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue, failing on uppload. I switched to a different browser and it worked. Switched from Google Chrome to Microsoft Edge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, Switched Off VPN and worked like a charm

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines