• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector colors looks neon when uploaded

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2017 Sep 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to upload some vector stock (first time) and when I upload them the colors are looking really strange and neon. I've tried uploading both .ai and .eps files and I've also tried downgrading to older versions and changing between CMYK and RGB. I can't find any solution. Are there any more specific instructions on how to save out files for submission, or any reason for this?

It almost looks like when you forget to uncheck the sRGB button when saving out in photoshop, but I don't know if there's a solution for that in illustrator.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

It has to do with the color profile of the jpg that is being automatically generated for a preview file. If you are experiencing this issue I recommend you create your own jpg preview (in sRGB) and put it in a zipped folder with the vector file. You can upload the zipped folder instead of the standalone vector file and the display image should be identical to your jpeg.

Please note, the jpeg preview must be at least 15MP in size (5000X3000 pixels).

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Problem is solved now, and there is no need anymore for a separate JPEG file. The JPEG file indeed did cause other problems, especially, when the contributor did mistakenly select the wrong preview.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Friend! I've got the answer to your question, you have to convert the AI or ESP file to rgb format. Sadly this is nowhere mentioned in the guide. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gal! Thanks... can you tell me exactly how to go about that within Illustrator? I'm fairly new to the using Illustrator, so rather than poke around forever if you could share the steps on how to do it I'd appreciate it! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Disregard the things I've said about the rgb settings, that doesn't solve the problem entirely as I've noticed by uploading more vector images. The only thing that helps with the problem is the thing that Mat has suggested below, that is to save a Jpeg preview with the Ai and zip them together than upload that zip file.

So far so good but there was still a problem... For some reason the zip file isn't recognized as a valid file type, but as other contributors have suggested the problem goes away by uploading via ftp client (I use filezilla) which results in a flawless upload with nice colors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has to do with the color profile of the jpg that is being automatically generated for a preview file. If you are experiencing this issue I recommend you create your own jpg preview (in sRGB) and put it in a zipped folder with the vector file. You can upload the zipped folder instead of the standalone vector file and the display image should be identical to your jpeg.

Please note, the jpeg preview must be at least 15MP in size (5000X3000 pixels).

Kind regards,

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 12, 2020 Jul 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that sounds like several additional steps? I wouldn't know where to begin with zipping files together :S

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I put the generated JPG and EPS file in a zip folder and upload it shows this while in fact my zip file is only around 6MBScreenshot_9.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Updated: Now I know how to manage the JPEG preview size. If you just Export As, then there will be a problem, so to fix this, you need to export our JPEG via Export>Save for Web (...). Here you can see your jpg preview size. You can either tick Clip to Artboard or leave it based on how you want to generate your jpg file. Then zip it with the eps/ai.. file and upload. It works now. Thanks.

Piseth5C1F_0-1618639291190.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 04, 2020 Dec 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, additional steps specially when you have hundreds of files : (

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get this all the time. It's a complete joke. You'd think Adobe Stock could generate and accurate jpg preview of an eps file created in Adobe Illustrator instead of having contributors do this ridiculous dance for every file they want to submit. Every other stock agency seems to generate a jpg preview with accurate colours just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a complete joke.

By @LazyLlamaphotos

I agree with you! As an Adobe owned entity Adobe stock should be able to read Adobe Illustrator files correctly and generating the preview that is faithfully representing the asset. And as the company who invented Postscript, Adobe engineers should also be able to produce correct previews from a correct EPS file.

We are living, however, in an imperfect world. And Adobe is not doing a good job here.

I will lock this discussion as all that needs to be said has been said. If there are news we can revisit this to update the thread.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 23, 2023 Apr 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Problem is solved now, and there is no need anymore for a separate JPEG file. The JPEG file indeed did cause other problems, especially, when the contributor did mistakenly select the wrong preview.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines