• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What pixel size should i do my pictures before selling on adobe stock?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the title as it states what size should i save the pictures as before uploading on adobe stock because its really

confusing me when it does not work so what image size should i set in Photoshop or illustrator

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

There are many customers that simply will not purchase a license to an image if the resolution does not meet their minimum requirements. I strongly recommend you submit the full resolution file and do not downsize it before uploading. You will be limiting your potential customer base if you do. If the image is too soft or the quality is too poor at full resolution, it should not be uploaded regardless of the size.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Same rules apply to AI images as they do to photographs.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 1.23.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Keep the original size. If the picture is a 24Mp picture, upload that. Is it a 40 Mp picture, upload that. Do not resample your image to get a higher resolution and do not sample down your image to get a lower resolution.

I, however, crop sometimes my images to get the visual impact I want.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try post a picture it says it's too small (4mp) i don't see how it became that small? what can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your camera? What is the size of the picture in pixels?

How did you edit the picture? Did you shoot RAW? If so, do you still have access to the original RAW file?

Pictures of less then 4Mp are to small to be taken into consideration. To be honest, even 4Mp is quite small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to respectfully disagree with Abambo in regard to downsizing files.

24Mp can be quite unforgiving. For example, if you have a soft lens or shoot within the softer ranges of the lens aperture, you may get hit with rejections for focus even though your camera tells you that the image is in focus. Rather than submitting at 24Mp with such an image, submitting at, say, 10Mp will result in a sharper image which will be accepted and sell.

I'm not advocating bad technique or tools, but I do think that there's a place for downsizing at times.

Upsizing? Never ever ever!

BTW, if you export an image at exactly 4Mp in Lightroom, it may fall just under 4Mp in reality and then cause the error you're mentioning barisb1992. I've had this happen before until I learned that the best thing to do in the preset is to make it 4.1Mp.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

shashinjin  wrote

24Mp can be quite unforgiving. For example, if you have a soft lens or shoot within the softer ranges of the lens aperture, you may get hit with rejections for focus even though your camera tells you that the image is in focus. Rather than submitting at 24Mp with such an image, submitting at, say, 10Mp will result in a sharper image which will be accepted and sell.

Agreed! You can also eliminate visual noise with this. However, at a lower resolution, competition will be harder and your (and the customers') options for cropping will be less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

true... but better to be in the game with a handicap than not in the game at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right! I didn't consider that as I do not consider that for me as an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But you can probably afford the best lenses. It seems a very elitist forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are many customers that simply will not purchase a license to an image if the resolution does not meet their minimum requirements. I strongly recommend you submit the full resolution file and do not downsize it before uploading. You will be limiting your potential customer base if you do. If the image is too soft or the quality is too poor at full resolution, it should not be uploaded regardless of the size.

-Mat

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's all very well if you have the best quality lenses (and have the chance to receive $0.25 min download) - have you any idea how much those lenses cost? It seems microstock just does not pay enough for that. If customers want the highest res or quality they should pay photographers more.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Megapixel size is pretty much irrelevant for web-based photos which a lot of the photos are used for. A hi-res PC monitor displays at most 2 MP at the standard display size. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And what are their minimum requirements exactly?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

duns123, you write " It seems a very elitist forum." I'm not entirely sure what you expect. This isn't a customer forum. If you choose to contribute to Adobe Stock your relationship with Adobe is as a a supplier, not a customer. Adobe make specifications for their suppliers to follow. The people in this forum use their knowledge to help people make work so they can be suppliers. You are saying that it doesn't make economic sense for you to enter that supplier relationship, and this is a normal part of evaluating any opportunity. But you seem to be saying that this is somehow wrong, and that Adobe should lower their standards to allow more suppliers. I'm sure Adobe would consider that if and when they cannot find the suppliers they need. But the low price of microstock is mainly possible because there is a huge pool of potential supply prepared to accept, today, that low price. It's purely financial for Adobe, but I think you're looking for something other than this. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There you are it's an elitist forum because I never see posts from contributors where adobe is worthwhile to them only people saying it's no worth it. At least on 'S' people don't hide and give at least some indication of sales they get.

I have HND in graphic design in the pre-digital 80s and you think you're even too good for me - diabolical.  Just because you people can use all the expensive software and equipment doesn't make you good designers or even photographers. Just because adobe and the side beginning with S can get away with paying low prices doesn't mean that they should or that it's ethical. It's corporate greed lining their pockets at other people's expense as usual.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quote: "Adobe makes specifications for their suppliers to follow. These are pretty vague anyway.

Especially when rejections for tech reasons could be anything from keywords to composition (not focus) and I'm just having to guess all the time. I have sales for many photos on other sites that adobe rejected for tech or artifact reasons so who the hell is correct? They probably don't reject keywords though because they are often generated for you anyway when submitting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Каким должен быть размер сгенерированого ИИ изображения в пикселях?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same rules apply to AI images as they do to photographs.

Screenshot 2023-11-28 at 1.23.57 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2023 Nov 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please read the guides: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines