• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

when should i choose People and Property are fictional?

Community Beginner ,
Jul 10, 2024 Jul 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

so submission for contributor have options . People and Property are fictional checkbox or Recognizable people or propterty (Yes or No). I am subbmitting AI image simple (wheat seeds on whtie background) )and have checked the AI content checkbox already What should i choose between those two?

Context: I have already submitted some files and there were no people images or property (ex. wheat plants, flowers image ai, etc) but contributor moved it to reminders saying that it needs a people or property release. what should i do? wheat seeds images does not need a property release right?

MuhammadMune27050185f346_0-1720608181083.png

MuhammadMune27050185f346_2-1720608377329.png

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no recognizable people or property in this image so the choice is No. If you check this box, you will be required to upload either a model release or a property release. It really only applies to assets which contain intellectual property. A mound of wheat is not anyone's protected IP.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the image contains fictional people or property, check the box.

Real People, or Illustrations based on real people will need to sign a model release to use the image commercially.

Property such as landmarks, homes, hotels, etc... must have a signed property release by the entity that owns it.

If neither apply, select NO.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your example does not show a recognizable property. That is a property, like the inside of my home, where I would recognize that you reproduced my home. The same for people. You reproduced a picture of someone living, then they are recognizable and you need a model release. So as soon as you have a fictional property or fictional people, you need to tick People and Property are fictional. If they are not, you need to have releases.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2024 Jul 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

No so there are two options 
Option No. 1.  Check people and property are fictional (if we select this then the Recognizable property Yes, No will disappear we can not select that)

MuhammadMune27050185f346_0-1720888341357.png

Option no. 2 Recognizable peple or property? (yes and No) 

MuhammadMune27050185f346_1-1720888360336.png

For wheat seeds images food related images should i choose option 1 or option 2. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Already answered. Click both boxes.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand your confusion, "wheat" is not property. Property applies to land, homes, buildings, etc. "Recognizable" property would be the Taj Mahal, the Golden Gate Bridge, or the boyhood home of Abraham Lincoln, which shouldn't be used to create AI in any case, since AI will not and can not reproduce them accurately, and you would never be able to obtain property releases for same. In 99.99999% of all cases, you would select No for Property.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you recognize the exact location where this wheat was located? No, so you should say no to recognizable property. There are no people in the picture.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines