• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is my photo getting rejected

New Here ,
Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm new and I've been playing around with photoshop for a few months. I just found out about the iPhone app and I spent days making this image for Halloween but for some reason it got rejected. I  just need to know why it was reject.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

1. The second image has a watermark/signature. This is absolutely not allowed in stock.

2. Adobe are looking to buy world class commercial photography. You should not use filters, just edit to perfection. It's hard to get world class work from a phone, but not impossible.

3. A tip: seasonal photos should not be made when the season has already arrived; companies who want to make adverts etc. for Hallowe'en already did this weeks or months ago. Think ahead; it may already be too late for Christmas-

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Are the images the same size as you uploaded to adobe stock? Then they are too small. The minimum image resolution is 4 megapixels. Here you will find important information that can help you:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 28, 2021 Oct 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The second image has a watermark/signature. This is absolutely not allowed in stock.

2. Adobe are looking to buy world class commercial photography. You should not use filters, just edit to perfection. It's hard to get world class work from a phone, but not impossible.

3. A tip: seasonal photos should not be made when the season has already arrived; companies who want to make adverts etc. for Hallowe'en already did this weeks or months ago. Think ahead; it may already be too late for Christmas-themed work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made these for photoshop discovery not adobe stock and I made them for my own company. I don't 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have no idea what you mean. If you didn't make them for Adobe Stock, why did you submit them to Adobe Stock?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the images the same size as you uploaded to adobe stock? Then they are too small. The minimum image resolution is 4 megapixels. Here you will find important information that can help you:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JBTheOne,

Both photos are of poor quality, especially the second that's not sharp. 

The first displays chromatic aberration in the head of the lady. 

We do not celebrate Halloween so I'm forced to ask, is this really a good representation of this festival. It looks very murderous. It gives me the creeps.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The image is supposed to give you the creeps. The image does not represent the religious side of Halloween it was based off of horror films and hunted houses. I'm still a beginner with photoshop/ adobe spark post but I made this on the iPhone app which doesn't give you a lot of control. 
can you explain to me what chromatic aberration is? 

I am not a professional yet but I am a beginner doing it for my company. 
I am here to learn and thank you for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JBTheOne,

Overall the picture quality is poor, but there is this purple color in the hear that looks like color noise. That's what I refer to.

The picture to me depicts robbery and murder - a hand covering the mouth and a knife at the throat! I just wondered if that was a part of the Halloween customs, symbol, or ritual. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the advice.

The theme was horror and the model is wearing a costume. The idea came from a horror film. This is not a  religious or symbolic  or ritual. This idea came from the horror filmed called Halloween.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I'm just doing this to learn how to use photoshop and have fun.

And this is the only one I made that got rejected. And I mostly make digital art I just got into photography and photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2021 Nov 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture to me depicts robbery and murder - a hand covering the mouth and a knife at the throat! I just wondered if that was a part of the Halloween customs, symbol, or ritual. 

===========

Yes.  The more secular and arguably darker side to Halloween glorified the grotesque and was born out of Celtic and Druid death rituals.  It later evolved into a children's game of dressing up in scary costumes, collecting whatever wood & other fuel they could carry to bonfires,  committing various acts of mischief & mayhem on their neighbors  -- especially when neighbors failed to offer up treats on demand.  Hence the term "Trick or Treat." 

Most children confined their pranks to harmless acts of noise making, streaming paper in trees, knocking over trash cans and smashing pumpkins.  But some delinquents took it to extreme levels with outright vandalism, robbery, assault and even murder.  So 100+ years ago, Halloween was a very scary time.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I really don't understand how this holiday a day in some cultures that represent celebrating/honoring the dead turn in to this corporate scam to get people to buy candy and costumes for kids. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I only made this image to represent horror films after watching the original Halloween movie and scream and Friday the 13th.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @JBTheOne,

We do not celebrate Halloween so I'm forced to ask, is this really a good representation of this festival. It looks very murderous. It gives me the creeps.

By @jacquelingphoto2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halloween

Just look at the sheer number of horror movies, and you know, it's not like Christmas… https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_set_around_Halloween

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines