Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

why the rejection ?

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello dear Community,

why do you think these photos got rejected ? specially 1328, heres a 100% snap, and i think it's good enough!

Screenshot 2022-09-14 172201.png

Screenshot 2022-09-14 172449.png

Happy to hear feedback or explaination.

Best Regards

Mohamed

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2022 Sep 14, 2022

3132 is underexposed (look at the histogram) and has that flat look, when you cut away the blacks and whites of an image. It's a nice effect, but it's not good for stock.

Abambo_0-1663176555014.png

In addition, your flower is out of focus.

1388: is monochrome and underexposed. The sky is blown out. You could add more structure (texture, clarity).

2126: Is also artistically colour modified. You should keep colours as natural as possible. The plant wreath is sharp, the ship is blurred. It should probably be the inverse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3132 is underexposed (look at the histogram) and has that flat look, when you cut away the blacks and whites of an image. It's a nice effect, but it's not good for stock.

Abambo_0-1663176555014.png

In addition, your flower is out of focus.

1388: is monochrome and underexposed. The sky is blown out. You could add more structure (texture, clarity).

2126: Is also artistically colour modified. You should keep colours as natural as possible. The plant wreath is sharp, the ship is blurred. It should probably be the inverse. You have a lot of noise.

Abambo_1-1663177158903.png

1328: again colour modified, underexposed, noisy. The picture is probably also out of focus. Photographing against a bright background creates weird artefacts:

Abambo_2-1663177393457.png

In addition, to get this picture accepted, you need to provide a model release from each person recognizable in the picture.

I doubt that any of your pictures can be saved to be used for stock.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much about your detailed technical answer and the effort you put in it, i'll pay more attention for that in future. 

for the 2126, the theme were the ship within the trees, the ghost of the ship was enough to my composition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picrures are fine for social media, wherever you want to post them. You will get a fair share of likes. But to be commercially exploitable, you need to get clean pictures, that the buyer may modify to his needs. 

As for the ship picture, clearly the ship is the point of interest. the ship needs to be in focus. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

For the above picture, there are a few quality issues. Noise and exposure are the main ones. The foreground is just too dark. There is no detail in the shadows - there should be some detail. In the crop that you pointed out, there are also signs of noise and again detail is lost in the shadows. 

For 3132 pic, the focus is a problem.

Don't upload B&W photos

Pic 2126 - noise, colour balance - you shouldn't add filters.

Another very important thing to remember is how the pics be used commercially. Who would buy them? Why?

You should think carefully about their practical usage of them.

Have a read of this from Adobe about how to create better photos:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Have a look at the Adobe Stock tutorials:
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there are noise i'm aware of that, but i think a 4000x3000 image with noise is enough for social media use for example. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looking at your photos I see a lot of creativity. The question is: is this what Soctck buyers are looking for? Nope ! In addition to quality issues the way you have treated your subjects has little chance. I invite you to see what is proposed to propose subjects accepted by buyers.
https://stock.adobe.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

will do 🙂 thank you very much for noticing the creativity 😄 other pictures from the same trip are accepted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition

The question of why I was refused my images is recurrent, and 99% of them are always for the same reasons. So as an answer I have chosen to give you the probable reasons and the possible solutions in general.

However, the first Stocks were born 20 years ago. They have hundreds of thousands of images, see millions of all subjects. It is therefore essential, essential that the quality of your images be irreproachable. What is sought are images with commercial value, put yourself in the shoes of the buyers.

Here are some tips: Be objective with yourself. Did you make a flawless image. Feel free to go to the Stock library to compare your work.

https://stock.adobe.com/

Here I think you started to understand my point 😉

Of course, you can be in the right place, at the right time, in the best conditions and take THE photo….. But that rarely happens.

So, the basis is to know your equipment and your real capacities as a photographer.

Framing: good composition (rule of thirds), horizon line and straight vertical line, guidelines, odd number of subjects, free space for text, etc….

Techniques: light, exposure (histogram), white and color balance, focus.

Post-processing: removal of chromatic aberrations, noise removal, etc.

Shooting: use a tripod if necessary, wireless trigger, filters if necessary...

Your skills: vary your photographic subjects, create collections.

Wanted photos: Follow trends, fashions, seasonality. Humans (Beware of permissions), photos that are difficult to access, photos with drones, contextual images such as parties with folk costumes, daily life, textures such as wood, stone, grass (why not), work in business, food.

To be avoided except for editorial, if necessary authorization required: Recognizable Human, logos, brand, posters, shop name, certain buildings and monuments, etc….

Here you are now ready to provide the best of the best. Good luck !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again 🙂 i already follow many of the tips, but i think i should start reading Histograms 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

not wrong, it's a good start 🙂 🙂 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines