• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why was this photo rejected?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would find it useful in producing more technically acceptable photos to know why this was rejected. Please clarify!

Thanks!Stock Export-14.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, look carefully at the edges of the seals. You will see purple and green fringing. This is called chromatic aberration. You have to remove this in your editing software, e.g. Lightroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Brilliant, Ricky. Thanks... super helpful. Will do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2018 Jul 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi russgold, I believe this photo was rejected for artifacts issue. This is what you need to do. At magnification between 100 and 200% take a good look at all the seals. The first thing you'll notice is the color spots. This is especially noticeable on the second dark seal to the left of the image (mainly green and purple). You will also notice overall the colors of all the seals are not smooth, and this noise issue is excessive. In addition there is the chromatic fringe referred to by ricky. These need to be corrected before submitting. In my opinion, it would be better taking this photo wider, otherwise focus more on one of the seals. Taking it wider would include more of the context of the seal's gathering, especially since most of their heads are down.

You might also need to gather as much information as possible on the best settings of your camera for different settings or lighting. For example high ISO will tend to produce more noise, even though it is more useful in low lit areas, and so on.

Read up all the information on Adobe Stock Contributor Guide at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle . Select and read all the links at the bottom of the PDF file. I hope you found this useful.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines