• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Audio Assets are Being Flagged for Copyright Claims on YouTube

Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had several audio assets flagged for copyright claims on YouTube. Often times, these claims are being initiated by Adobe's partners (i.e. Epidemic Sound) I've disputed these with YouTube and put in the asset license in the dispute but the partners don't remove the claim and we have to wait 30 days for it to be removed. In the meantime, YouTube appears to be holding back putting these videos in searches because our views are down on all the videos that have claims. 

The problem is that once you submit the dispute, there is no other recourse in YouTube

I think Adobe needs to clear things up with their partners and with YouTube to prevent this from continually happening. Considering how many people use Adobe products to produce YouTube content, this should be a no brainer.

If anyone has any other work around for this issue, I'd love to hear it.

TOPICS
Audio , Licensing , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're correct. The minimum a creator should do is to take down the claim as soon as proof of purchase is done. And YouTube should also react proactively as soon as someone has delivered a proof. 

Did you follow the procedure as laid out by Adobe? https://blog.adobe.com/en/publish/2020/06/16/adobe-stock-audio-content-id-claims#gs.mo85vu

You need to follow the procedure exactly as described!

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the procedure to the letter and I still have three videos that have copyright claims that have yet to be lifted. The problem is that, once you submit the dispute, there is no further recourse a content creator can take if the claim doesn't get lifted. 

At this point, I think Adobe's Stock Audio system is flawed since their partners are the ones filing the claims. I don't know if I can continue using Adobe Stock Audio if this problem isn't resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 18, 2022 Jan 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand your pain and agree that it is fruitless to licence when anyhow you get striked down and need to take action to liberate your work. In addition, it is simply unfair from the copyright holder to claim any asset without checking first, if the customer has licensed the asset. 

(just for the record: I'm not an Adobe employee)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2023 Dec 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am curious as to why they allow their music on Adobe Stock and then keep hitting me with claims. Most were approved but one was rejected. I pay for Adobe Stock, I've followed the process but they still rejected my claim! 
Like a previous poster I am wondering why I use Stock when this keeps happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@EvilBug1,

Do you have a suggestion on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2024 Jan 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Marcus-Thompson Really sorry you are experiencing this. Unfortunately Youtube have their own claim process and we don't have control on it. I have submitted a query to our legal team to see if there is anything we can do here. Will keep you update if anything new. 

Thank you for your patience!

EB

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started