Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Stock Video Usage Rights

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I am with a company that is planning to use one of your stock videos commercially within a promotional video that would be shared on our YouTube and social media channels. The license specifically prohibits use of the Stock Assets in a manner that infringes the intellectual property or the rights of any person who appears in or is associated with the Stock Assets.  It doesn’t provide a statement that says that the people pictured in the video grant us their right to publicity, as well as the right to their likeness.  Can you clarify this point and let us know if we would be legally clear to use the video for our purposes? Our legal department also requested if we could review a copy of the model release that is used. I would greatly appreciate if we could be put in contact with someone from your legal team. 

Thanks. 

TOPICS
Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All assets with recognizable people have a model release attached. That model release is, however, not publicly available. You can, however, review the contributor's requirements for a model release: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/model-release.html. All assets on Adobe stock may be used accordingly to the licensing terms, and that also includes commercial use except as limited in the terms.

Just to say: the terms are quite precise, what you can't do when using stock assets with identifiable people in. If you are respecting those limits, you should be safe.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started