• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe stock

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2022 Mar 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I am selling digital downloads on Etsy, can i use arts from adobe stock ( the free one) in my projects for selling ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Stock forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sashah the Free assets offered fall under the Standard License terms.  I think the key would be whether the image is the primary value of the project you're selling on Etsy.  Take a look at the excerpt from the License Information and Terms page.  https://stock.adobe.com/ca/license-terms#standardLicenses

Standard licenses

Most Adobe Stock photos, vectors, and illustrations come with a Standard license. With a Standard license, you may:

• Reproduce up to 500,000 copies of the asset in all media, including product packaging, printed marketing materials, digital documents, or software.
  • Include the asset in email marketing, mobile advertising, or a broadcast or digital program if the expected number of viewers is fewer than 500,000.
  • Post the asset to a website or social media site with no limitation on views.
  • Include the asset in some types of products, such as inside a textbook, as long as the primary value of the product is not the asset itself, and the product is not reproduced more than 500,000 times.
  • Share the unmodified asset with your employees and contractors who have contractually agreed to abide by the license terms.
  • Transfer the license to your client or employer.

With a Standard license, you may not:

• Distribute the stand-alone file.
  • Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it.
  • Transfer the license to more than one employer or client, unless separately licensed for each.

Hopefully this helps clarify things for you.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Paid or free, you can use the assets according to the licensing terms. You can use the assets for client work, but there are limitations. As “your projects for selling” is quite generic, I really would urge you to read in depth the licensing terms.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you all for replying me. Using some of the components from a vector art, for example I am making wall art for kids room and I want to use a fruit character from adobe free assets, like I am not using the asset as whole, I just need few components from it. Is this allowed ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My interpretation @Sashah (and like Abambo, I am not an Adobe employee and only offering my understanding) is that in your instance, the fruit character would be part of the primary value of your wall art, whether you are using the whole asset or just part of it.  I look at it from the perspective of your customers - would they buy your wall art without the fruit character?  If yes, then you probably don't need the character in the first place.  I think in your instance, you would need to purchase an extended license.

Again, just my interpretation.  I am neither a lawyer nor an Adobe employee. 

Good luck with your sales.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no difference if you use only part of an asset or the whole asset. If it fits into the licencing terms, it is allowed to use part of the asset. However, from a distance and without knowing exactly your case, it's very difficult to give correct advice. You really should read the licencing terms.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started