• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use an Adobe Stock image, free standard license, as a mockup in my Etsy shop?

New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have an Etsy store where I sell posters.

I read Adobe stock's stardart license but I want to make sure that I can use a free Adobe image (like the image I put here as an example), with a standard license, as a mockup for my poster in my Etsy store.

AdobeStock_338199932.jpg

I will NOT distribute the file, I will use it as a mockup to insert my art, I will only sell my art, for example a poster.

I will NOT use the free Adobe image to create a poster, I will use the Adobe image to demonstrate how my poster would look in a frame, the costumer will only buy my poster and will not receive the Adobe image in any way.

For information: on the "License information and Terms" Page it says:

"With a Standard license, you may:

• Include the asset in email marketing, mobile advertising, or a broadcast or digital program if the expected number of viewers is fewer than 500,000.
  • Post the asset to a website or social media site with no limitation on views.

With a Standard license, you may not:

• Distribute the stand-alone file.
  • Create merchandise, templates, or other products for resale or distribution where the primary value of the product is associated with the asset itself. For example, you can't use the asset to create a poster, t-shirt, or coffee mug that someone would buy specifically because of the asset printed on it."

Thank you in advance for the help.

TOPICS
Download , Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Free assets come with a standard license. Except for the fact that the assets are free, there is no difference to for fee assets. As your objective is not to sell merchandise, and the fact that the asset will be displayed on a website, and not in print, there are no other restrictions that apply. You are free to use that asset for the indicated use.

(btw: it's customer, not costumer…This error has been persistently bothering me ever since I began writing in English.)

Look here for more infor

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2023 Nov 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Free assets come with a standard license. Except for the fact that the assets are free, there is no difference to for fee assets. As your objective is not to sell merchandise, and the fact that the asset will be displayed on a website, and not in print, there are no other restrictions that apply. You are free to use that asset for the indicated use.

(btw: it's customer, not costumer…This error has been persistently bothering me ever since I began writing in English.)

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question, photo licenses can be confusing and you solved my doubt. I'm sorry for taking so long to thank you.

Thank you also for pointing out the writing error, it took me a few seconds to understand my mistake and when I did I laughed a lot. I think the word "costume" stuck in my head after Halloween and I mixed things up haha..

Take care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2023 Nov 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

(as said, I was also writing “costumer”, it bothered me for a while. Since then, I'm sensitive to this error. I'm still doing plenty of other errors, so feel welcome to return the favor.)

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started