• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I use the assets I licensed during the free trial after it ends?

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Currently I'm using adobe stock free trial and I want to ask.

Can I use the assets I'm licensing during free trial in the future after it ends?

I'm not planning on subscribing and I want to cancel before the subscribtion starts.

TOPICS
License History , Licensing , Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 06, 2024 Aug 06, 2024

Yes, per the license terms, you can continue to use the licensed assets in perpetuity for your own use OR for a single client. In other words, you can't use any of those images for projects for multiple customers.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, per the license terms, you can continue to use the licensed assets in perpetuity for your own use OR for a single client. In other words, you can't use any of those images for projects for multiple customers.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer,

1. Does using particular asset for a single client only also apply to assets with license plus? I see this restriction is only under standard license.

2. After using asset for a single client, can I use it by myself (personal and commercial)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2024 Aug 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can only use an asset for a single client regardless of whether you've paid for a standard, enhanced or extended license.

In terms of licensing, you must consider yourself a client - one license, one client. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should clarify my earlier statement. You CAN use those images for multiple customers, but you need to purchase a license for each one individually.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check here for the licensing terms: https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

As @Jill_C stated, licences are perpetual and don't expire in time (however, other conditions may make them expire, like the print run).

I would also point out, that you should download the assets to your computer. You can redownload the licensed asset for free multiple times, but it happens that assets get taken down, either by Adobe or by the contributor. In those cases, you won't be able to access the file again from the stock site. But you are still allowed to use the asset, except in the rare case where Adobe will inform you that the licence has been revoked. I'm not aware of this having ever happened, however.

Even after the subscription ends, you can still licence the free assets. If you have after the cancel a need for stock assets, you won't be able to take the free subscription again. You will need in that case to use any of the for-pay options.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started