• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

extended licenses

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have two questions,  i am interested to buy several extended licences to produce products like painting by numbers e.g. I have read thats its not allowed to pass images to a third party. For production i need to send these pictures to my manufacturer. Is it allowed to share the pictures with them after i bought the extended licences, that they can produce the items for me? From terms and conditions i understand that i can share to the producer, but the manufacturer have no rights on the pictures and is not allowed to sell them and is just allowed to produce for me? My second questions is when i produced these e.g. painting by numbers is it allowed just to upload the picture in the sales ad without watermarks? It would be great if someone can give me a clear answer i already have read the general terms and conditions. Thank you!

TOPICS
Terms of use

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i have two questions,  i am interested to buy several extended licences to produce products like painting by numbers e.g. I have read thats its not allowed to pass images to a third party. For production i need to send these pictures to my manufacturer. Is it allowed to share the pictures with them after i bought the extended licences, that they can produce the items for me? From terms and conditions i understand that i can share to the producer, but the manufacturer have no rights on the pictures and is not allowed to sell them and is just allowed to produce for me?

By @Heinrich20908

Correct. He can also act as your agent and sell for you. But the rights to the asset licence are with you.

My second questions is when i produced these e.g. painting by numbers is it allowed just to upload the picture in the sales ad without watermarks? It would be great if someone can give me a clear answer i already have read the general terms and conditions. Thank you!

By @Heinrich20908

This question is tricky because the way you did formulate it, I'm inclined to say no. So let me reformulate:

You will create an advertising and part of that ad will be the asset, as modified by you. I would also assume that you would either put your watermark on the asset, or you modify it in a way that the potential viewer can't use the asset, without buying your kit. (This would not be a requirement from Adobe stock, but it would be in your interest.) In all cases, you can't make available the asset unmodified.

Look here for more information on licensing: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock/links-for-licensing-terms/td-p/11366788
(Disclaimer: As always with licensing, this is my interpretation of the rules. I think they are correct and advice is based on reading and interpreting the licence terms and on fair use for both the buyer and the artist/stock company, but I cannot rule out that my interpretation is wrong. I'm not an Adobe employee).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome and good luck.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started